Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith  (Read 9439 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2005, 07:15:09 pm »

I wasn't really counting, just commenting quickly on some things I liked and other things that I didn't, some of which were just continuity errors between Eps. III and IV, and some of which I just... didn't like.

But overall I liked it a whole lot, and plan to see it at least twice more in the theatre, since hell, it's the last one.  And it's entertaining.  And it didn't make me cringe too much.  And a few of the scenes are among the best of ANY Star Wars movie ever.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2005, 07:22:06 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I wasn't really counting, just commenting quickly on some things I liked and other things that I didn't, some of which were just continuity errors between Eps. III and IV, and some of which I just... didn't like.

But overall I liked it a whole lot, and plan to see it at least twice more in the theatre, since hell, it's the last one.  And it's entertaining.  And it didn't make me cringe too much.  And a few of the scenes are among the best of ANY Star Wars movie ever.


That 'calm before the storm' scene was very good because of the vaguely middle eastern sounding lament in the background. It's the same sort of background music that made movies like "The Siege" so powerful.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2005, 09:03:40 pm »

Rather than burden this thread with an overlong review post, I've put it in my blog.  

Spoiler-naciousness abounds, FYI.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2005, 09:34:00 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Sure, Portman can't act her way out of a paper bag (I don't know what that means either) but she's very pretty and her dialogue was mostly functional anyway.


If Natalie Portman were in a paper bag, and her only means of escape were acting, she would remain trapped in the paper bag. Note that you don't have to act very hard to tear paper. I think this is the concept.

But I am glad someone else doesn't get Portman, either. If you've seen one of her performances, congratulations, you can cut and paste and save yourself the trouble in future. Seriously, I think the die-hard core of her fanbase are closet pederasts who popped boners watching "Leon" that never quite subsided.

See also: Linux
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2005, 11:44:45 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Jough you're [sic] list of negatives was much longer than you're list of positives.


I was just going to add some more positives (since I really do like the film a whole lot) and then noticed that my original post had nine positives and only eight negatives listed.

So my list of negatives was one shorter, not "much longer."  Ha!

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2005, 02:26:06 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Jough you're [sic] list of negatives was much longer than you're list of positives.


I was just going to add some more positives (since I really do like the film a whole lot) and then noticed that my original post had nine positives and only eight negatives listed.

So my list of negatives was one shorter, not "much longer."  Ha!


Pointing out other people's misspellings of "your/you're" is a very Pat Reynolds thing to do.

But yes, the Joughicle did come out squarely PRO-Sith, which s urprised me.
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2005, 05:26:30 am »

Interesting thing I noticed:

In the (very cool) scene where Palpatine is telling Anakin the tale of Darth Plageous, he infers that he has the ability to create life by manipulating midichlorians. This leads me to believe that Palpatine kind of "force raped" Anakin's mother. So that means in Return of the Jedi, we could be looking at 3 generations in one room. What I like about this was Lucas didn't spell it out, he just kind of slipped it in there and it may or may not be true.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

old kentucky shark

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 30
    • View Profile
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2005, 07:27:24 am »

More like Mace Window.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2005, 02:03:11 pm »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
he just kind of slipped it in there
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2005, 02:34:42 pm »

Quote from: "old kentucky shark"
More like Mace Window.

Haha.

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
he just kind of slipped it in there

Haha! I did not realize I did that.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2005, 06:47:15 pm »

Quote
Well from my point of view it's the Jedi who are wrong!


Garbage.  Garbage garbage garbage garbage.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2005, 07:55:21 pm »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Interesting thing I noticed:

In the (very cool) scene where Palpatine is telling Anakin the tale of Darth Plageous, he infers that he has the ability to create life by manipulating midichlorians. This leads me to believe that Palpatine kind of "force raped" Anakin's mother. So that means in Return of the Jedi, we could be looking at 3 generations in one room. What I like about this was Lucas didn't spell it out, he just kind of slipped it in there and it may or may not be true.


So was it Darth Plagis or Darth Sidious that force-raped Anakin's mother?
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2005, 07:55:53 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
he just kind of slipped it in there


You are my hero.
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2005, 08:00:31 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Interesting thing I noticed:

In the (very cool) scene where Palpatine is telling Anakin the tale of Darth Plageous, he infers that he has the ability to create life by manipulating midichlorians. This leads me to believe that Palpatine kind of "force raped" Anakin's mother. So that means in Return of the Jedi, we could be looking at 3 generations in one room. What I like about this was Lucas didn't spell it out, he just kind of slipped it in there and it may or may not be true.


So was it Darth Plagis or Darth Sidious that force-raped Anakin's mother?


Sidious, because he also implied that he was the apprentice who kill Plageous.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2005, 08:10:45 pm »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Interesting thing I noticed:

In the (very cool) scene where Palpatine is telling Anakin the tale of Darth Plageous, he infers that he has the ability to create life by manipulating midichlorians. This leads me to believe that Palpatine kind of "force raped" Anakin's mother. So that means in Return of the Jedi, we could be looking at 3 generations in one room. What I like about this was Lucas didn't spell it out, he just kind of slipped it in there and it may or may not be true.


So was it Darth Plagis or Darth Sidious that force-raped Anakin's mother?


Sidious, because he also implied that he was the apprentice who kill Plageous.


It's a silly, contrived idea, which is why I am sure George Lucas was intending it. (Why couldn't Jedis shut off Sith lightsabers using the force? Because duels are cooler. Etc.)
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up