Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith  (Read 9418 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Satcrates

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Great Moments in Cinema presents "Revenge of the Sith&q
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2005, 09:15:51 pm »

brought to you by Roomba! The *****ic Floor Vac.


Who else thought that Vader zooming around on a little droid during the lava battle was totally stolen from Achewood?  

see, e.g., http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01192004; http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01202004
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2005, 02:59:18 am »

OK, just got back from seeing it.

There was some good stuff in there.  Definitely the best of the last 3.  Hayden Christiansen was much better in this one and the emperor was pretty darn good too.

But on the whole the movie was just too much.  Too long.  Crammed too full.  The story, the characters, the scenery, the fights.  Everything goes to 11.

When I was a kid I liked to make scrambled eggs.  I liked to put stuff in the scrambled eggs -- still do.  Herbs, spices, sauces, hot stuff.  It took me a long long time to realize that more didn't necessarily equal better.  I don't think Lucas understands that yet.

But I did love how the movie ended on Tattoine, right where the series started.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2005, 11:47:46 pm »

It was a lot better than the last two - Hayden Chistenson should quit now, but he did seem to get some acting lessons in the meantime although the script was very week in a lot of places. He did OK.

Natalie Portman, on the other hand, forgot how to act.  She's done well in a lot of other parts, though, so it was either the script or direction.  Her character was reduced to a whimperer though. Give me the ass kicker with the steadily disappearing costume any time.

Excellent work with the Emperor, though. He was awesome and so totally evil - his scripting and delivery throughout his seduction of Anakin all the way to the point where he tells him <he> killed Padme....awesome.

As for Vader shouting Noooooooo! I thought that was appropriate - he's becoming Vader at that point - that scream was the last conscious bit of his humanity, a denial of the good side of the force and his final complete surrender to Sidious.
Logged

James

  • Guest
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2005, 11:26:40 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Max"
I wonder if I am the only person nerdy enough to know there are supposed to be three more movies, numbers 7-9?  I don't suppose they plan to make them, though.

Last I heard Lucas isn't goint to make those 3. The books that came out in the 90's are considered canon now.

Lucas now denies that he ever envisaged episodes 7-9, and the books aren't canon - they fall under the "Epanded Universe" banner, which includes the comics and videogames etc., and basically means "officially-licensed fanfic!".
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2005, 02:37:52 am »

Quote from: "James"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Max"
I wonder if I am the only person nerdy enough to know there are supposed to be three more movies, numbers 7-9?  I don't suppose they plan to make them, though.

Last I heard Lucas isn't goint to make those 3. The books that came out in the 90's are considered canon now.

Lucas now denies that he ever envisaged episodes 7-9, and the books aren't canon - they fall under the "Epanded Universe" banner, which includes the comics and videogames etc., and basically means "officially-licensed fanfic!".


LISTEN MAN BOBA FETT DIDN'T DIE IN THE SARLACC HE ESCAPED WITH A JETPACK AND WENT ON BEING AWESOME FOREVER
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2005, 02:41:39 am »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Quote from: "James"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Max"
I wonder if I am the only person nerdy enough to know there are supposed to be three more movies, numbers 7-9?  I don't suppose they plan to make them, though.

Last I heard Lucas isn't goint to make those 3. The books that came out in the 90's are considered canon now.

Lucas now denies that he ever envisaged episodes 7-9, and the books aren't canon - they fall under the "Epanded Universe" banner, which includes the comics and videogames etc., and basically means "officially-licensed fanfic!".


LISTEN MAN BOBA FETT DIDN'T DIE IN THE SARLACC HE ESCAPED WITH A JETPACK AND WENT ON BEING AWESOME FOREVER

I had this conversation with a friend at least once in high school. I would like to say I am less of a loser now, but it is not true. Sadness.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2005, 03:50:44 pm »

GREEDO DID NOT SHOOT FIRST

</starwarsfanboyism>

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2005, 04:27:30 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
GREEDO DID NOT SHOOT FIRST


Word.

I have heard that there are fan-made edits of the original (pre-Special Edition) Star Wars trilogy taken both from the laserdisc releases and the recent DVD box set that take the best of both and excise all the things we fanboys hate (see above).

I do not know how one would go about finding such a thing, though.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2005, 04:53:18 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
GREEDO DID NOT SHOOT FIRST

Is this in dispute?  What did I miss?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2005, 05:44:27 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I have heard that there are fan-made edits of the original (pre-Special Edition) Star Wars trilogy taken both from the laserdisc releases and the recent DVD box set that take the best of both and excise all the things we fanboys hate (see above).

I do not know how one would go about finding such a thing, though.


I heard about the same sort of thing after Episode I was released...  I think they called it The Phantom Edit.  Apparently they edited out a bunch of fluff and all of young Anakin's whoopses and wheeees when he was piloting the starship.  Supposedly it actually turned it into a bearable movie.  

This is as opposed to the Lord of the Rings special editions which I think flowed better and seemed better paced than the theatrical versions.  I remember seeing all three in the theater and being somewhat bored at points.  When I watched the extended DVDs I was captivated for the entire four hours each time.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2005, 07:47:34 pm »

So here's what I was thinking.
Space technology must be pretty awesome. As such, it probably would improve a lot over, say, 18 or 19 years. So, I would expect at least some change to Darth Vaders get-up between the end of Episode 3 and A New Hope. Specifically, I was hoping that Vader's voicebox would have gotten an upgrade, so that, at the end of Episode Three, he would have had the Steven Hawkings voicebox. Thus....
"Where is Pah-day-may. Is she al-right. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo."

That would have made the film for me.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2005, 07:57:01 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "jough"
GREEDO DID NOT SHOOT FIRST

Is this in dispute?  What did I miss?

In the original releases of Star Wars Han just plain shoots Greedo under the table in the bar. But when the Special Editions came out in ~97 all of a sudden Greedo suddenly shoots at Han and misses, then Han shoots Greedo under the table. Presumably to make him more of a traditional good guy by only using violence in retaliation and is clever for keeping his gun hidden. Whereas in the original he's just all, "fuck THIS noise" and shoots Greedo in the middle of a conversation.

Although either way he's shooting a collections agent because of a debt so it's still not very heroic to shoot Greedo at all.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2005, 08:24:12 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

Although either way he's shooting a collections agent because of a debt so it's still not very heroic to shoot Greedo at all.


nani-oh?

Fight The Man, Stake the Beauracracy, Blow Up the Check Cashing Establishment Moinsier Solo!

Paging Mr. Hood, Mr. Robin Hood.  Phone call for Mr. Robin Hood, please pick up the white courtesy phone.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2005, 09:07:56 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "jough"
GREEDO DID NOT SHOOT FIRST

Is this in dispute?  What did I miss?

In the original releases of Star Wars Han just plain shoots Greedo under the table in the bar. But when the Special Editions came out in ~97 all of a sudden Greedo suddenly shoots at Han and misses, then Han shoots Greedo under the table. Presumably to make him more of a traditional good guy by only using violence in retaliation and is clever for keeping his gun hidden. Whereas in the original he's just all, "fuck THIS noise" and shoots Greedo in the middle of a conversation.

Although either way he's shooting a collections agent because of a debt so it's still not very heroic to shoot Greedo at all.


How the heck did Greedo miss, anyhow? He was, like, 3 feet away from Han, whose feet were propped up on the table...full exposure - he should have hit something!
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2005, 10:06:55 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
How the heck did Greedo miss, anyhow? He was, like, 3 feet away from Han, whose feet were propped up on the table...full exposure - he should have hit something!

This explains it all.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up