Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith  (Read 9447 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2005, 10:30:11 pm »

Greedo obviously misses due to a gravitational flux nearby, as the barrel of his gun is aimed right at Han.
I just saved all the bother by having DVD copies of the laserdiscs. Haven't seen the new one yet, though I might. Never got round to seeing clones after the first one sucked so bad. Do I need to see Clones to see Sith? I mean I know what happens I guess...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2005, 10:33:19 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Greedo obviously misses due to a gravitational flux nearby, as the barrel of his gun is aimed right at Han.
I just saved all the bother by having DVD copies of the laserdiscs. Haven't seen the new one yet, though I might. Never got round to seeing clones after the first one sucked so bad. Do I need to see Clones to see Sith? I mean I know what happens I guess...

I wouldn't call it strictly necessary -- they're better than Phantom Menace, but most things are, and I'm not sure that they're so good they're worth tracking down. Honestly, you can probably see Sith without having seen Clones, as next to nothing of worth is established in Clones. (Quick rundown: Palpatine takes control of the Senate, Christopher Lee's talents are once again wasted, and love pads the film. Also a lengthy and entirely unnecessary Fett subplot.)
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2005, 10:46:53 pm »

If you can get your hands on the animated series that describes the clone wars, (sort of an episode 2 1/2) that would be good. I kind of enjoyed it.,
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2005, 01:19:30 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
If you can get your hands on the animated series that describes the clone wars, (sort of an episode 2 1/2) that would be good. I kind of enjoyed it.,


Oh hell yes. This is really good stuff. Clone Wars moves fast, fast, fast, and is so consistently enjoyable - truly compulsive viewing, with plenty of little hat-tips and whatnot for obsessives. Remember that ridiculous Kit Fisto? Turns out he's a complete badass.

I used to be such a fuck*ng snob about what was and wasn't "canon" - well, I suppose I can blame that partly on the hacks they had cranking out forest after forest of mediocre "Expanded Universe" novels that were pretty much authorized fanfic* - but after watching Clone Wars and playing Knights of the Old Republic, I'm beginning to think that, in true Jedi fashion, the students have surpassed the master.

*Kevin J. Anderson, you are the R.A. Salvatore of outer space
Logged

James

  • Guest
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2005, 02:00:17 am »

Clone Wars is almost canon though, since George Lucas kind of oversaw it, story-wise.

I must be the only guy who thought Knights of the Old Republic was lame, story and all. Sith that aren't all Dark Jedi? Lame.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2005, 03:07:44 am »

Quote from: "James"
Clone Wars is almost canon though, since George Lucas kind of oversaw it, story-wise.

And now he's expanding it as well.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2005, 07:56:50 am »

And if you never saw the Wookie Christmas Special...talk about canon!

Here's more!
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2005, 01:33:26 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"

*Kevin J. Anderson, you are the R.A. Salvatore of outer space


i'm sorry, i couldn't quite hear you?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up