I am signficantly overweight, mostly owing to the fact that I really really enjoy eating and drinking. However, my cholesterol numbers are pretty good (real good HDL and tri-glycerides) and I'm in reasonably good physical condition. I exercise. I bet I can squat more than you (maybe not Asherdan). I would like to get my body fat percentage down into the low 20's, but I'm not holding my breath.
Anyhow, as to recommended weights. I can recall seeing a chart that said I should weigh 145. I'm 6'2". 145! I think I may have weighed that when I was 16 and 4 inches shorter. If I got to 220 I'd be fuck*ng trim!
The problem is that I'm working from home now and I have plenty of spare time. Also, I just discovered AB and I TIVO every episode of Good Eats. So I'm cooking more and therefore eating more. Also, my gym membership ran out and I can't afford to reup. So, it's more of a challenge to maintain myself. But hey, I guess I'm up to it. I'm spending a lot more time wielding a hoe, plus I got into the pool the first time today and I put up the badminton net. Exercise is where you find it. Just have to find a little more self-discipline on the eating front.