Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Yo mama's so crass and low, she puts chocolate pieces into her mouth while she is still chewing up the previous chocolate pieces.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Heyo! - 31st May 2005  (Read 4201 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Heyo! - 31st May 2005
« on: May 31, 2005, 05:18:41 am »

Shame on me, I didn't even notice Ray's medallion was missing in the previous strips. I'm hoping there is another spooky and supernatural story behind the medallion, as there is behind all of Ray's possessions. Could it have the power to invoke the vinyl-upholstery-haunting-ghost of depressing-suicide-encouraging Ben stiller when placed in the Volvo of despair?
I'm a little disappointed that Molly will probably live, for now, but I guess you just have to take the bitter with the better.

Edit: Topic changed because I can't read a calendar. Also because I like Heyo better.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Heyo! - 31st May 2005
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 06:00:11 am »

This strip is all about the eyeballs. Those things are great.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Heyo! - 31st May 2005
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 06:02:48 am »

This strip is filler.  Nothing much happened to advance the story arc or develop the characters.  

Why do I feel like Chris remembered it was Monday at about 3 pm and realized he'd promised to have a strip out today?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Heyo! - 31st May 2005
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 06:03:41 am »

I thought I was so out of the loop with the kids that "buy a nose on eBay" meant to buy a certain quantity (a nose) of a particular drug.

Like a lid or dime bag.  I'm just not hip with the kids.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Heyo! - 31st May 2005
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 06:30:50 am »

My judgment on this strip will hinge on what hijinks it sets up for the rest of the week. It doesn't really stand on its own well.

I still can't tell if Beef is faking it or not. With Beef, it's hard to tell.
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Heyo! - 31st May 2005
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 08:16:13 am »

YES!!
Look at Molly!
She's great and alive.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Heyo! - 31st May 2005
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 08:20:57 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I thought I was so out of the loop with the kids that "buy a nose on eBay" meant to buy a certain quantity (a nose) of a particular drug.

Like a lid or dime bag.  I'm just not hip with the kids.


I TOTALLY thought the same thing. I am extremely ashamed of what I thought.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Heyo! - 31st May 2005
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 12:54:39 pm »

What you're people missing here is that a moment ago Mr. Bear and Ray were discussing what could happen to Beef in that car, but now Ray is more concerned with his missing medalion. He has priorities.
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Heyo! - 31st May 2005
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2005, 03:37:40 pm »

Maybe it's magic!
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Heyo! - 31st May 2005
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2005, 07:12:40 pm »

Maybe it's linked to his deal with Satan.
Logged

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Heyo! - 31st May 2005
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2005, 08:57:32 pm »

Not my favorite strip or anything, but the look on Beef's face in panel 3 is one for the ages.
Logged

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Heyo! - 31st May 2005
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2005, 09:30:36 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
This strip is filler.  Nothing much happened to advance the story arc or develop the characters.
You just described most of Achewood.
Logged

DevinCybrus

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Heyo! - 31st May 2005
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2005, 11:03:44 pm »

I guess they're leading in to something involving the medallian. Maybe Beef will use it to kill Molly or something.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Heyo! - 31st May 2005
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2005, 11:05:15 pm »

Todd stole it!!!
Logged

beanmom

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Heyo! - 31st May 2005
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2005, 12:58:32 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
What you're people missing here is that a moment ago Mr. Bear and Ray were discussing what could happen to Beef in that car, but now Ray is more concerned with his missing medalion. He has priorities.


Ray's medallion is totally either in the car or in his garage.  He had it when Beef was checking out the car, but hasn't had it since they both got in.

-jennifer,
 mommy to alice the bean and sammy-girl (who will be 3 on Saturday)
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up