Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: June 7, 2005 - We are gonna have awesome hats  (Read 7684 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
June 7, 2005 - We are gonna have awesome hats
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2005, 04:56:06 am »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
I like explaining that one so much I'm not going to this time.

Edit - Apparently I shouldn't post snarky shit 'cause right after I popped that off a nice little earthquake rattled the joint for 'bout 12 seconds.


actually, I don't know why ##### and robot are filtered, either, owing to my tendencies to fuck off for a couple weeks and return without reading backlog. I always chalked it up to jough being a dick, since that's a generally safe hunch, but if there's a legitimate reason, i'd like to hear it.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
June 7, 2005 - We are gonna have awesome hats
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2005, 04:59:40 am »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
but if there's a legitimate reason, i'd like to hear it.


What if the reason is illegitimate, but funny?  Would that be OK?  

Also, do you feel that things which are arbitrary and absurd are funny?

Just asking.  No reason.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
June 7, 2005 - We are gonna have awesome hats
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2005, 05:06:36 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
but if there's a legitimate reason, i'd like to hear it.


What if the reason is illegitimate, but funny?  Would that be OK?  

Also, do you feel that things which are arbitrary and absurd are funny?

Just asking.  No reason.


I have no sense of humor or zaniness. I am the children of two actuaries and was taught at an early age that every laugh takes off 8 seconds from your life. A guffaw can take off as much as a minute.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
June 7, 2005 - We are gonna have awesome hats
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2005, 07:04:46 am »

Any actuaries who knew their stuff would never take the chance of having kids. I call shenanigans.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
June 7, 2005 - We are gonna have awesome hats
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2005, 12:29:24 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Any actuaries who knew their stuff would never take the chance of having kids. I call shenanigans.


I don't know.  Doesn't childbirth reduce the risk of cancer in younger women?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
June 7, 2005 - We are gonna have awesome hats
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2005, 12:42:10 pm »

Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Any actuaries who knew their stuff would never take the chance of having kids. I call shenanigans.

I don't know.  Doesn't childbirth reduce the risk of cancer in younger women?

Every period increases the chance of breast cancer in a woman. Being pregnant would eliminate 9 of them. But I'm going to say that the stress still makes this a losing arrangement.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
June 7, 2005 - We are gonna have awesome hats
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2005, 01:26:30 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Every period increases the chance of breast cancer in a woman. Being pregnant would eliminate 9 of them. But I'm going to say that the stress still makes this a losing arrangement.


Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
June 7, 2005 - We are gonna have awesome hats
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2005, 02:11:08 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"

Edit - Apparently I shouldn't post snarky shit 'cause right after I popped that off a nice little earthquake rattled the joint for 'bout 12 seconds.


dayum.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
June 7, 2005 - We are gonna have awesome hats
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2005, 05:18:03 pm »

By blinkered do you mean not allowed?  Because that would be terrible.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
June 7, 2005 - We are gonna have awesome hats
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2005, 12:39:41 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Any actuaries who knew their stuff would never take the chance of having kids. I call shenanigans.

I don't know.  Doesn't childbirth reduce the risk of cancer in younger women?

Every period increases the chance of breast cancer in a woman. Being pregnant would eliminate 9 of them. But I'm going to say that the stress still makes this a losing arrangement.


I didn't know that.  I heard about a type of birth control that reduces the number of periods to four a year.  So there you go.

But I thought that I heard in a class once that if a woman gives birth at a younger age her risk of a certain type of cancer is reduced.

Is it strange that this discussion has only involved men so far?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
June 7, 2005 - We are gonna have awesome hats
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2005, 12:50:35 am »

Quote from: "miles"
Is it strange that this discussion has only involved men so far?


Yes.  It's worth staying out of it just because hearing guys talk about periods is always really entertaining.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
June 7, 2005 - We are gonna have awesome hats
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2005, 01:38:05 am »

Wow. I leave the Internet for a few days and SHENANIGANS ARE HAPPENING. Holy crap!
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
June 7, 2005 - We are gonna have awesome hats
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2005, 01:40:20 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Yes.  It's worth staying out of it just because hearing guys talk about periods is always really entertaining.


Then you are going to love this gynecological tidbit:

Placenta Stew

    1 placenta, chopped into 1 inch squares
    1 pound of extra firm tofu, cut into 1 inch squares
    1 yellow onion, chopped
    2 carrots, sliced
    2-3 cloves of garlic, diced
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    Cayenne or black pepper to taste.

Heat the olive oil on medium heat in a large skillet. Add the garlic and onions. When onions are transparent, add the placenta and brown. After a few minutes add the tofu and carrots. Cook for 20 minutes on medium to medium low. Add the soy sauce and pepper in the last few minutes. Serve over brown rice. Enjoy.

It's got tofu in it. You like tofu.

(APPROVED BY YAHOO! CHINA)
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
June 7, 2005 - We are gonna have awesome hats
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2005, 02:37:41 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "andalucia"
Yes.  It's worth staying out of it just because hearing guys talk about periods is always really entertaining.


Then you are going to love this gynecological tidbit:

Placenta Stew

Giraffe placenta???

And since she's not around:
Quote from: "jldunston"
*weeps*
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
June 7, 2005 - We are gonna have awesome hats
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2005, 02:55:26 am »

The Giraffe Placenta Event Horizon has been reached. Nice knowing you, thread.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up