Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clothes make the man (08-22-03)  (Read 2960 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Clothes make the man (08-22-03)
« on: August 22, 2003, 08:03:39 am »

That third panel is really quite beautiful.

I've always liked Mark Twain and that 'stad has found a way to integrate him into Achewood is just wonderful.

And doesn't Ray look quite the dapper gentleman (without having to spend heck of benjamins)!

That last line made me laugh out loud at a strip for the first time since last Saturday's "Beef's Shopping Spree" - which granted was only four strips back... a pretty good track record.

Strip.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 11:00:39 am by Nabubrush »
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Clothes make the man - 21 August
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2003, 01:08:33 pm »

Sniff.  It's strips like today's that make me proud to be an American.  I think I'll write the U.S. Mint and ask 'em to put decked out Ray on the 10 dollar bill.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

revdj

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 102
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dougshaw.com
Clothes make the man - 21 August
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2003, 01:35:18 pm »

How can a human being not like Ray?
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Clothes make the man - 21 August
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2003, 01:42:10 pm »

When a cat in a thong tells you you look good, you take that compliment!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Clothes make the man - 21 August
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2003, 01:45:08 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
That third panel is really quite beautiful.

I've always liked Mark Twain and that 'stad has found a way to integrate him into Achewood is just wonderful.

And doesn't Ray look quite the dapper gentleman (without having to spend heck of benjamins)!

That last line made me laugh out loud at a strip for the first time since last Saturday's "Beef's Shopping Spree" - which granted was only four strips back... a pretty good track record.


True.
Me too, and yes.
Remarkably dapper! I want to look like that.
And I don't know when the last time I laughed out loud was at the strip, I have a bit at some of the RP I think. I tend not to laugh audibly at Achewood, I just laugh inside my head, and it's not to say I don't find it as funny as other things, I like it more than most things, but well, maybe I don't laugh out loud much.
I think most of the times I laugh out loud is for the benefit of other people, you know, when they're genuinely being funny, I don't want to make them feel bad by not laughing, so I make an effort.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Clothes make the man - 21 August
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2003, 03:19:02 pm »

The cane makes the outfit.

But I have two words for our friend Ray: pocket watch
Logged

Schabe

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
    • http://www.automatictaxistop.com/schabe
Clothes make the man - 21 August
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2003, 09:59:08 pm »

Ray is Big Pimpin', 19th Century-style.  That makes everything okay.  The money line was perfect.

Now I'm all left dangling over where Philippe will wind up in his search for the birthing place of Santa Claus.  Suspense!
Logged
"Wish I was as cool as Calvin / This sort of thing wouldn't bother me" - TMJ

Paisley

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 50
    • View Profile
Clothes make the man - 21 August
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2003, 11:22:58 pm »

Quote from: "Schabe"
Now I'm all left dangling over where Philippe will wind up in his search for the birthing place of Santa Claus.  


For now, isn't that him in the third panel, at the window, flippers raised in delight and anticipation? (I was a little curious about that.)

I hope that Mark Twain comes through for him.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up