Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Come to Lebowskifest  (Read 6016 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Come to Lebowskifest
« on: June 09, 2005, 03:51:51 pm »

If any of you are not doing anything from July 22-24th, might I suggest coming to Louisville, Kentucky, for the 4th Annual LebowskiFest? There will be bowling, white Russians, karaoke, and of course, everyone's best friends, They Might Be Giants.
I'm totally willing to let anyone able to come to sleep on my couch. We could turn this into Lebowski/Achewood Fest Kentucky!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Come to Lebowskifest
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 04:19:11 pm »

That sounds like a lot of fun, but i'll be here.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Come to Lebowskifest
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 05:17:37 pm »

Hey!  I might actually be able to go this year.  Might also be able to provide couch space too...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Come to Lebowskifest
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 07:43:31 pm »

Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Wow.  Lebowskifest sounds awesome.  Why is it in Kentucky, though?  Lebowski is so an L.A. figure (as is the real-life The Dude, promoter Jeff Dowd).

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Come to Lebowskifest
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 08:49:19 pm »

That's fuck*ng interesting man!
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Come to Lebowskifest
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 09:16:28 pm »

Are y'all quoting the movie?  It's been about 10 years since I saw it.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Come to Lebowskifest
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 09:41:49 pm »

I didn't know where Kentucky is, really, but I asked an American that was here this afternoon and he says far away.  So I'll have to see how much money I can save up from the ol' muffin factory, but this possibility intruiges me.
Logged
goose means greedy

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Come to Lebowskifest
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005, 09:44:01 pm »

Shut the fuck up Paul, you're out of your element!
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Come to Lebowskifest
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2005, 10:19:59 pm »

It's in Kentucky because the guys who started it, started it here. They did hold a Lebowski-fest West, in L.A., and one is Las Vegas, and one in New York, too. But the Big Lebowksi is considered sort of a cultural landmark in Louisville, just because....you know how the Dude acts? Really laid back, almost all the time? That's how almost EVERYBODY acts down here.
Also- this is going to be won by me. And I will sing "The Man In Me," and it will be awesome.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Come to Lebowskifest
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2005, 10:31:50 pm »

If we go, I'm totally going to get a red wig so I can impersonate Maude Lebowski.  My hubby is all set with the long flowing locks, full beard and bathrobe.  And we have a little Lebowski!  Man, just stay away from my special...stay away from my lady friend!
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Come to Lebowskifest
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2005, 11:17:11 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
Shut the fuck up Paul, you're out of your element!

That wasn't very nice.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Come to Lebowskifest
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2005, 12:23:07 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "Va"
Shut the fuck up Paul, you're out of your element!

That wasn't very nice.


We've had this kind of confusion before.

See also

Seriously, Paul, you should sit down and The Big Lebowski again sometime soon. It is such a good movie.

If there was any way I could get to Louisville for Lebowski Fest, I actually think I'd do it.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Come to Lebowskifest
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 01:21:09 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "Va"
Shut the fuck up Paul, you're out of your element!

That wasn't very nice.


We've had this kind of confusion before.

Aw no, it's cool, I was just joshin'.

Quote from: "St_Zartan"

See also

Seriously, Paul, you should sit down and The Big Lebowski again sometime soon. It is such a good movie.

If there was any way I could get to Louisville for Lebowski Fest, I actually think I'd do it.

It has been queued.  I am a big fan of The Coen Brothers.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Come to Lebowskifest
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2005, 02:42:29 am »

Paul, the world does not start and stop at your convenience you PIECE OF SHIT.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Come to Lebowskifest
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2005, 02:46:13 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Paul, the world does not start and stop at your convenience you PIECE OF SHIT.

Shows how little you know.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up