Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: June 13th, 2005 - Rocco Carboni  (Read 6084 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
June 13th, 2005 - Rocco Carboni
« on: June 13, 2005, 08:56:53 am »

"SoftBoy. SB." does it for me. I'm thinking if Teodor agrees to Circus's proposition, it will get blog attention only.
Logged
I am older now.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
June 13th, 2005 - Rocco Carboni
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 12:25:38 pm »

That was my favorite too.  He seems to repeat himself.

But man, you got the motherfuckin' date wrong!  Don't confuse me like that!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
June 13th, 2005 - Rocco Carboni
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 12:40:21 pm »

Did he give Philippe some enchanted money or something? Look at him back there. It's like he's in a trance.

So in this SB stuff are there still random uncomfortable close-ups of the guy's face? I'm hoping no.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
June 13th, 2005 - Rocco Carboni
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 12:42:04 pm »

The best part of this strip is Philippe hugging the seven dollars.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
June 13th, 2005 - Rocco Carboni
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 02:18:57 pm »

Quote from: "miles"
That was my favorite too.  He seems to repeat himself.


Repeating oneself, with slightly different phrasing, for emphasis seems to be a fairly common linguistic conceit in Achewood.

I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure this is the case. THINK ABOUT IT
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
June 13th, 2005 - Rocco Carboni
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 04:57:11 pm »

Oh man. SoftBoy porn. It is the porn that needs guys like ME!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
June 13th, 2005 - Rocco Carboni
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 05:05:02 pm »

I wonder how many names Onstad/Circus created before he found four good porn names that were not, in fact, in use.

I also wonder why Lyle is not yet involved in this story arc.
Logged

bdeth dot com

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 63
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bdeth.com
June 13th, 2005 - Rocco Carboni
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 05:08:20 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"

Repeating oneself...seems to be a fairly common linguistic conceit in Achewood.

I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure this is the case. THINK ABOUT IT


Beef loves to do it. See panel 5 of this strip for one such example. HE LOVES TO DO IT.

non sequitur: This weekend I was walking down the street in Chicago when I saw a giant (approx 1m tall) cutout of Philippe (from the desktop) in the back seat of some car. Now, being semi-new to the Achewood universe, I had to wonder, can I buy items like this or did somebody make that with a projector and a Marks-a-lot?
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
June 13th, 2005 - Rocco Carboni
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 05:14:51 pm »

Quote from: "bdeth dot com"
non sequitur: This weekend I was walking down the street in Chicago when I saw a giant (approx 1m tall) cutout of Philippe (from the desktop) in the back seat of some car. Now, being semi-new to the Achewood universe, I had to wonder, can I buy items like this or did somebody make that with a projector and a Marks-a-lot?


!!!
Logged
goose means greedy

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
June 13th, 2005 - Rocco Carboni
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 05:56:18 pm »

Whoever made the cut out.....why do we not already HAVE them? WE MUST FIND THEM AND RECRUIT THEM.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
June 13th, 2005 - Rocco Carboni
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2005, 06:09:45 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Whoever made the cut out.....why do we not already HAVE them? WE MUST FIND THEM AND RECRUIT THEM.


Yes.  bdeth, why did you not throw yourself in front of the car? You needed to meet this person at all costs.  Any of us would have done it.  Right, guys?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

bdeth dot com

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 63
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bdeth.com
June 13th, 2005 - Rocco Carboni
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2005, 06:13:37 pm »

I must assume that the 'genius' is having an Achewood themed party and nobody here was invited.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
June 13th, 2005 - Rocco Carboni
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2005, 06:15:59 pm »

Quote from: "bdeth dot com"
I must assume that the 'genius' is having an Achewood themed party and nobody here was invited.


Delicious. I like the cut of your jib.
Logged

bdeth dot com

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 63
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bdeth.com
June 13th, 2005 - Rocco Carboni
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2005, 06:23:42 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"

Yes.  bdeth, why did you not throw yourself in front of the car? You needed to meet this person at all costs.  Any of us would have done it.  Right, guys?


The car was sitting still with no driver. A dog looked at me apathetically. Otherwise sure, I would have but I was also in shock.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
June 13th, 2005 - Rocco Carboni
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2005, 06:47:44 pm »

You could have gotten the license plate number.  It's apparently child's play to get all the personal information about a stranger that you need from most DMVs, or so I have read.  I wouldn't know from personal experience, being mostly only a stalker of dogs, who are not issued driver's licenses.

Was it a residential neighborhood?  So that this might be where this person parks all the time, and you could go back?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up