Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pat is into cycling?  (Read 3694 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

beanmom

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Pat is into cycling?
« on: June 18, 2005, 03:53:43 pm »

Apparently Pat is looking for cycling companions. :lol:

(You can stop reading after post #20 if you want -- as far as I can tell, it's just pages and pages of sporadically hilarious metadiscussion after that point.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Pat is into cycling?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 04:34:40 pm »

how did you FIND this?

This is pure gold in a tasty roll with some JULIO DELICIOUS SAUCE
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Pat is into cycling?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 04:47:50 pm »

You can actually see him choking on his own rage.
Logged

beanmom

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Pat is into cycling?
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 05:13:43 pm »

Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
how did you FIND this?

This is pure gold in a tasty roll with some JULIO DELICIOUS SAUCE


I wish I could take credit for finding it, but it was in a recent b3ta.com newsletter.  It's great, though, isn't it?  I love the way he keeps coming back every 5 minutes and replying to himself with increasing vitriol and fervor.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Pat is into cycling?
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 06:16:20 pm »

My God. This is the most Pat post I've ever seen on the Interweb. Gotta love the bolded FUCK YOU, too. Wow.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Pat is into cycling?
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 04:15:56 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
My God. This is the most Pat post I've ever seen on the Interweb. Gotta love the bolded FUCK YOU, too. Wow.


I laughed so hard I threw up. That's good comedy.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Pat is into cycling?
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2005, 05:12:53 am »

Delete my membership lest I be forced to continue posting!  :lol:

There's a former cyclist I know on the inter-web who says something to the effect of "Cyclists are (have?) bitter dicks because no one appreciates their suffering."
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Pat is into cycling?
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 03:57:42 pm »

You know, it's probably for the best that he lost it in the thread, because what if, based on his relatively-normal sounding first post, a woman had actually agreed to travel with him?  He issued a fairly compelling warning.
Logged
goose means greedy

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Pat is into cycling?
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2005, 12:32:21 am »

The bizzare thing is, later on in the thread there are people willing to go cycling with him, here's hoping they are undercover feds or something.

Another forum graced by this guys well thought out prose.
Though that one is unfortunately more crazy than Pat-like. Some quick googling on the name of his book confirms it's the same guy. Disturbingly I found that out on a site where he posted a resume and was offered a job, contemplated sending the employer the forum post but thats kind Pat-ish.

EDIT: It gets better, it looks like he's trying to get in contact with some lady he used this stuff to impress years ago:
Quote from: "John Goblin Shaw"
DORIS HOFFMAN of BONN GERMANY: AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED THE DEAL IS STILL ON. I HAVE NOT GOTTEN A CALL FROM YOU YET. ARE YOU OUT THERE?

IF YOU ARE AND YOU CAN REMEMBER BACK THAT FAR (I SURE CAN) YOU KNOW WHAT I TOLD YOU. HOW ABOUT A LITTLE VERIFICATION HERE YOU TALL, WELL BUILT, BLOND-HAIRED, BLUE-EYED, BICYCLING PERSON YOU.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

gearnest

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
    • Prewar Gibson Banjos
Pat is into cycling?
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2005, 02:41:39 pm »

This is one of the funniest things I've read in a long, long time.  I love how the mask comes off in just a matter of minutes, from "fairly normal, vaguely icky" to "prickly" to "enraged" to "utterly insane".

"Chickenshit poltroon" is a classic bit of invective.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Pat is into cycling?
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005, 10:50:43 pm »

Jesus, that is totally and one-hundred-percent Pat. Unbelievable!
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up