Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guess-the-Google  (Read 2854 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Guess-the-Google
« on: June 23, 2005, 04:15:25 am »

So this flash programmer put together this thing. Guess the search term by the images presented at Guess-the-google.

My high so far: 370. It ain't that easy.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Guess-the-Google
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 04:52:32 am »

261 is the best I can manage so far.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Guess-the-Google
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 05:22:39 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
261 is the best I can manage so far.


344, but I swear it's because I only have dial-up and the game keeps hiccuping.  This is hella fun for some reason.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Guess-the-Google
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 01:57:13 am »

Man, I saw that thingy, but it hell of defeated me by expecting me to know the name of the sport that Harry Potter plays.  Is that really something that is so frequently Googled for?  Probably.  I feel old.
Logged
goose means greedy

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Guess-the-Google
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 01:49:29 pm »

After a dismal 120 yesterday, today I've scored 360.  Apparently I'm much more alert at 9am than at 3pm.  There's a research study in there somewhere, but damned if I'll be the one to do it.

acoxcae

edit: 380.  Amend the study to indicate that a water/granola combination appears to increase mental acuity.

also wik: Damn you Choop, now I can't get work done.

also also wik:  Not that I wanted to.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Guess-the-Google
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 03:14:07 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Man, I saw that thingy, but it hell of defeated me by expecting me to know the name of the sport that Harry Potter plays.  Is that really something that is so frequently Googled for?  Probably.  I feel old.


Quidditch.

I know several people who have probably googled for "Quidditch" within the past 48 hours. I do not think this is necessarily something to be proud of but it is true.
Logged

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Guess-the-Google
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2005, 02:07:37 am »

I got angry at this game and stopped playing it.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Guess-the-Google
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2005, 02:09:42 am »

I recognized it [mostly because it was mentioned here], but I couldn't figure out how to spell it.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Guess-the-Google
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2005, 05:17:41 am »

I have gotten very angry at this game. The 370 score I posted above was the last game I had before it started hiccupping (hiccoughing, jough). I'm on DSL, using Firefox. Playing in IE nearly eliminated the hiccups (hiccoughs) but nearly tripled the wait time between each round. Hm.

380's the best score I've seen posted anywhere about this game. Considering a perfect score is 400, let me give you a quick bravo, acoxcae. Ahem: "Bravo!" Curious, now: could you have chosen an odder username, one which is more difficult to both type and pronounce?

Don't answer that.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: [1]   Go Up