Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean  (Read 3586 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
« on: June 24, 2005, 06:37:32 am »

Seems like this is officially a semi-regularly-weekly feature, then. This week's edition seems somewhat darker than the last.
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 07:46:31 am »

I think Phillipe is capable of dark, dark things.
Remember the hot bloody fat?
The dream of the alligator?
That's right, he's kinda messed up!
Still a nice kid though.
And...DAMMIT! I can't buy Ray's speaker's as they look to be exactly like my current ones.
Except black. That's so Ray!
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 01:14:18 pm »

I want to hear the outcome of Philippe's meeting with the army. Maybe Monster Garage could help. They could turn a Suburu Brat into a soccer ball crusher or something.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 03:08:32 pm »

Obviously we're going to need cyborg technology to answer Beef's question, and then we may have to avoid launching the soccer ball at escape velocity.

I am in love with this alt text, but it may just be because I'm trying to imagine the Battle of Password Mountain.
Logged

editor

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 41
    • View Profile
June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 03:22:38 pm »

"That is so 80s."

Was Philippe even alive in the '90s?
Logged
Congratulations, you broke the Internet.  Good job.


Don't you hate #####?

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 03:56:07 pm »

If I'm right, I think Phillipe's birthday was mentioned as being sometime in 1997.  CortJstr, care to back me up?

edit:  Cort, you're off the case - the strip in question is here

acoxcae
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

V-Adore

  • Guest
June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 05:40:37 pm »

His birthdate presumably keeps moving forward, since he has remained five throughout the run of the strip. Presumably now he was born in 2000.
Logged

bdeth dot com

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 63
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bdeth.com
June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 05:49:16 pm »

If he was born in '97 does this quote no longer apply? Did it ever?
There seems to be a continuity problem.

Edit: Looks like someone else figured this out too. Thanks, V.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005, 06:56:14 pm »

Philippe is eternal. But part of the curse of his immortality is that he will always think that he is 5 and adjust his birthdate in his mind. He can remember events from long ago if he really tries and is somehow able to reconcile the time paradoxes via tricks of the mind. This kind of crap used to happen to people all the time back in the Iliad and crap. He'd probably be good friends with Icarium if either of them were aware of their respective mental situations.

It's not easy living inside my head.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005, 07:09:23 pm »

If I have to read another post like that I may spontaniously combust.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2005, 07:29:30 pm »

I just wanted to say that I always really enjoy the Philippe Times strips. Actually, now that I think about it, the text-heavy ones (police blotter, Beef's high school underground paper, etc) usually hit all the right buttons for me. I like that Philippe would assume that people would yell at a worm for suddenly changing genders, as though they had plans that hinged almost entirely on the maleness of the worm and DAMMIT IF THAT'S NOT A TINY WORM COOTER I SEE, OH DAMMIT WHY'D YOU DO THIS


So thanks, Chris, and I think I will have a lovely weekend.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2005, 09:26:39 pm »

It's official, Burnt Sienna is the most memorable crayon color name in existence, with "Vivid Tangerine" coming in a close second.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2005, 09:56:45 pm »

Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
It's official, Burnt Sienna is the most memorable crayon color name in existence, with "Vivid Tangerine" coming in a close second.


"Goldenrod", "Cornflower", and "Lemon Yellow" are right up there with "Burnt Sienna" - for me, anyway.

I'm sure that the fact that "Peach" was once called "Flesh" is quite memorable to some people. Who were alive then.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2005, 11:03:11 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
It's official, Burnt Sienna is the most memorable crayon color name in existence, with "Vivid Tangerine" coming in a close second.


"Goldenrod", "Cornflower", and "Lemon Yellow" are right up there with "Burnt Sienna" - for me, anyway.

I'm sure that the fact that "Peach" was once called "Flesh" is quite memorable to some people. Who were alive then.


Burnt Umber was my favorite name for a crayon.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2005, 01:25:02 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
"Goldenrod", "Cornflower", and "Lemon Yellow" are right up there with "Burnt Sienna" - for me, anyway.

I'm sure that the fact that "Peach" was once called "Flesh" is quite memorable to some people. Who were alive then.


Burnt Umber was my favorite name for a crayon.


Find me a "Burnt Flesh" crayon and maybe I'll take a recount.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up