Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: How Old do you think the Achewood characters are.  (Read 8398 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
How Old do you think the Achewood characters are.
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2005, 03:36:10 am »

i would like to see your bureau.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
How Old do you think the Achewood characters are.
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2005, 04:04:38 am »

I'd be happy to take a picture.  Is there any particular drawer you're interested in?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

JeremyW

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cringecomics.com
How Old do you think the Achewood characters are.
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2005, 04:34:31 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I'd be happy to take a picture.  Is there any particular drawer you're interested in?


The one you keep all your secrets in.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
How Old do you think the Achewood characters are.
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2005, 11:43:10 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I would like to see the contents of everyone's medicine chest.

I'd just like to see all the women's chest.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
How Old do you think the Achewood characters are.
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2005, 11:44:13 am »

Quote from: "JeremyW"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I'd be happy to take a picture.  Is there any particular drawer you're interested in?


The one you keep all your secrets in.

Hey, that's a pretty good one, nice rebound.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
How Old do you think the Achewood characters are.
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2005, 03:17:34 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I would like to see the contents of everyone's medicine chest.

I'd just like to see all the women's chest.


And I want a pinball machine.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
How Old do you think the Achewood characters are.
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2005, 08:40:20 pm »

I want to see their chests and then I want to open their drawers.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
How Old do you think the Achewood characters are.
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2005, 09:47:16 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
And I want a pinball machine.

Me too.

I love old school pinball machines.  They are relatively cheap too.  I don't have anyplace to put one though so I wait.   And I go to the annual convention.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
How Old do you think the Achewood characters are.
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2005, 09:50:08 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
And after seeing the chests and opening the drawers I'd like to rummage around in all the booty.

Arr, it's time to walk the plank, missies!

I thought I was delivering the punchline.  Apparently i'm the straight man.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
How Old do you think the Achewood characters are.
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2005, 10:26:02 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
And I want a pinball machine.

Me too.

I love old school pinball machines.  They are relatively cheap too.  I don't have anyplace to put one though so I wait.   And I go to the annual convention.


Oh man that is awesome

I love, love the artistry and feel of the old electromagnetic pinball machines. I didn't know that they were relatively cheap, though - I would have thought quite the opposite, what with (slowly) increasing demand and a dwindling supply (as they end up in the hands of people with Permanent Collections). For gameplay, though, I generally like the newer machines. Oh, lord, don't get me started on pinball. I just erased like five rambling, gushy sentences about my favorite machines that pretty much no one in the history of ever would want to read.

Which convention are you talking about?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
How Old do you think the Achewood characters are.
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2005, 10:34:06 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Which convention are you talking about?

H.A.A.G.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
How Old do you think the Achewood characters are.
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2005, 10:43:39 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "Asherdan"
And after seeing the chests and opening the drawers I'd like to rummage around in all the booty.

Arr, it's time to walk the plank, missies!

I thought I was delivering the punchline.  Apparently i'm the straight man.

~Paul


If you're not the straight man, he might be talking about YOUR booty.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
How Old do you think the Achewood characters are.
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2005, 10:55:59 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I love, love the artistry and feel of the old electromagnetic pinball machines. I didn't know that they were relatively cheap, though - I would have thought quite the opposite, what with (slowly) increasing demand and a dwindling supply (as they end up in the hands of people with Permanent Collections).

A game like the one i'm posing by runs anywhere from $1500-2000 for a lovingly restored machine..  The current games are $4500-6000.

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
For gameplay, though, I generally like the newer machines. Oh, lord, don't get me started on pinball. I just erased like five rambling, gushy sentences about my favorite machines that pretty much no one in the history of ever would want to read.

I think you answered the question why the older machines are relatively cheap.  Most people prefer the gameplay to the newer models.  If all things were equal I actually prefer the simple older machines, but in spite of being restored, they lack umph.  No amount of restoration can put it back in i'm afraid.  The later models have a million things going on, ramps, tunnels, 3-4-5 balls at the same time.  It's overwhelming.  Just hit the ball anywhere and you're gonna get something.  They are a lot of fun too, but there's something about those classic machines I just love.  It's what I grew up with I guess, but the bumpers are dead.  The new machines are lightning fast.

I spent most of a Saturday evening getting my ass handed to me by this Dolly Bird...

That's Cirqus Voltaire we are playing

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

bdeth dot com

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 63
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bdeth.com
How Old do you think the Achewood characters are.
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2005, 05:14:20 pm »

Off topic?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
How Old do you think the Achewood characters are.
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2005, 05:36:49 pm »

Quote from: "bdeth dot com"
Off topic?


What's your point?
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up