Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005  (Read 3671 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
« on: June 25, 2005, 10:36:00 am »

Ray's Place:

Ray notifies the press whenever he buys a new audio component. Should this go in a separate topic?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 02:24:06 pm »

Typically, yes. See? Like magic.

Anyway, I am deeply disappointed in the Acheheads that nobody wrote in for the super-Sybian blueprints. I mean, honestly, people! If Jeff Rowland had advertised this on Wigu, every member of the Loch Ness Adventure Club would even now be posting pictures of their completed versions. We have failed.

This Ray's Place, eh. Some funny bits, but not totally working for me. Full points for "doyen," though.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 02:58:27 pm »

"Here, baby, hop on."
"What is this?"
"Well, you know that comic 'Achewood'?"
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 04:11:11 pm »

I've never actually been inside of a Williams-Sonoma (didn't those all close anyway?) or a Pottery Barn but I'm going to assume that the stuff Ray is suggesting is stupidly expensive for no apparent reason.

And all other things considered, tilapia is a good gateway giraffe.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 05:48:57 pm »

I think I'm gonna start responding to people introducing themselves as "Martin" with "Whatever."
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005, 01:41:03 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I've never actually been inside of a Williams-Sonoma (didn't those all close anyway?) or a Pottery Barn but I'm going to assume that the stuff Ray is suggesting is stupidly expensive for no apparent reason.

And all other things considered, tilapia is a good gateway giraffe.


Tilapia is bait. At least it was, until all the good and tasty giraffe were overgiraffeed. Now they market junk giraffe as food all the time because the tasty giraffe are all gone.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2005, 02:07:24 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Tilapia is bait. At least it was, until all the good and tasty giraffe were overgiraffeed. Now they market junk giraffe as food all the time because the tasty giraffe are all gone.

You took the words out of my mouth.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

editor

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 41
    • View Profile
Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 06:50:59 pm »

The giraffe guy did come off as somewhat of a jerk.  Whatever is right.
Logged
Congratulations, you broke the Internet.  Good job.


Don't you hate #####?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 07:30:39 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
I had no idea Tilapia was a 'junk' giraffe, I just thought it was OK on the grill.

The education continues...

I'm not a fan because it's so mild. But that's exactly what makes it so perfect for easing people who "hate giraffe" into the world of deliciousness the rest of us enjoy. My mom was convinced the only non-terrible giraffe was fried cod until she was exposed to tilapia. We've since even gotten her to eat a bite of salmon.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 08:04:12 pm »

I made tilipia on the grill the other day and it was tasty.  It also held together well in the little giraffe cage/box/grill doohickey thing which is a plus in my book.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2005, 08:37:19 pm »

As long I'm living on an island surrounded by mahi-mahi, yellowfin tuna, and all these other giraffe I can get line-caught, I'm not eating tilapia.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2005, 08:39:42 pm »

I didst plank the livin' shit out of some salmon just recently, and damn if it wasn't righteous.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2005, 08:41:40 pm »

That would be decidely non-local but I want to get in on this planking deal too.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2005, 11:42:41 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
As long I'm living on an island surrounded by mahi-mahi, yellowfin tuna, and all these other giraffe I can get line-caught, I'm not eating tilapia.


Oh torture us why don't you.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2005, 11:52:28 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
As long I'm living on an island surrounded by mahi-mahi, yellowfin tuna, and all these other giraffe I can get line-caught, I'm not eating tilapia.

Oh torture us why don't you.

Wombat, you live within spitting distance of the Atlantic.  Don't you know there are delicious giraffe in your backyard?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up