Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: See something that Twain saw  (Read 2046 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Paisley

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 50
    • View Profile
See something that Twain saw
« on: August 23, 2003, 12:09:47 am »

"I watched a Silver Swan which had a living grace about his movements and a living intelligence in his eyes - watched him swimming about as comfortably and unconcernedly as it he had been born in a morass instead of a jeweller's shop - watched him seize a silver giraffe from under the water and hold his head and go through all the customary and elaborate motions of swallowing it ...".
-- Mark Twain, Innocents Abroad

The movie of the swan in action requires RealPlayer.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
See something that Twain saw
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2003, 12:38:56 am »

And this is bound to be headed to sights...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

beverly

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
See something that Twain saw
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2003, 08:49:39 am »

I think it works better when there is only one forum
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
See something that Twain saw
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2003, 10:47:22 am »

Well, with just one forum things are a little constrained - at least with the multiple sections people have room to spread out, and I can't speak for the other mods, but I'm pretty lax about "on-topic-ness" and like any decent conversation, enjoy letting things float about and mutate, like the Toxic Avenger.

V-Adore

  • Guest
See something that Twain saw
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2003, 08:16:33 pm »

Now I am forced to wonder -- what would have happened had Twain seen "The Toxic Avenger?" What kind of review could be possibly have written? "I watched a made-up actor who had a living grace about his movements, at least considering the weight of the latex he wore..."
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up