Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Fear of Music  (Read 50794 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Fear of Music
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2005, 05:11:13 am »

Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "Bozack"
I just bought the Talking Heads Brick boxed set- all 8 studio albums, remastered, on DualDiscs- DVD video on the non-CD side. And I got it for a cool $40 off; thanks, Barnes & Nobles Employee Appreciation Week!


I'll give you some time, but I expect a review.

I'm expecting him to make us all a copy.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

rumpy doppelganger

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 69
  • drang
    • View Profile
Fear of Music
« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2005, 08:24:29 am »

i'm gonna find a barnes and noble employee and give them a card

man i appreciate those guys
Logged
These kids are the next generation of superstars loaded with bags of crazy tricks. Watch while they ride tasty waves and catch big air just like the pros, it'll make your jaw drop! Kids Who Rip invit

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Fear of Music
« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2005, 02:22:56 pm »

Does anybody have the US release of The Go Team album? I go the import a few months ago but the US version has a couple of different tracks apparently and I would like to aquire them w/o rebuying the CD.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Fear of Music
« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2005, 06:52:23 pm »

In the last few days, the New York Dolls s/t album has only left my car CD player when I've brought it inside.  I am listening to it now, too.  I don't know what brought this on, but I am loving it.  It's nearly perfect.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
Fear of Music
« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2005, 07:52:43 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Does anybody have the US release of The Go Team album? I go the import a few months ago but the US version has a couple of different tracks apparently and I would like to aquire them w/o rebuying the CD.


I'm a little late here, but I have the US version.  Do you have particular wishes vis-a-vis bit rate/format?

Unrelated question: is it okay to like Diane Cluck?  Her latest CD is very awesome but when I'm listening to it I get this Ani/Joni vibe and that sort of frightens me.  Not that there's a problem with Ani or Joni, but I'd just like to know beforehand if I'm going to have to start buying patchouli and putting my hair in dreads.  (Also I might have to become a lesbian, which would be fairly complicated for me.)
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Fear of Music
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2005, 07:59:19 pm »

Quote from: "aparrish"
(Also I might have to become a lesbian, which would be fairly complicated for me.)


Very expensive, at least.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Fear of Music
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2005, 08:20:30 pm »

Quote from: "aparrish"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Does anybody have the US release of The Go Team album? I go the import a few months ago but the US version has a couple of different tracks apparently and I would like to aquire them w/o rebuying the CD.

I'm a little late here, but I have the US version.  Do you have particular wishes vis-a-vis bit rate/format?

Awesome. I'd prefer mp3 just for portability. Being a huge geek I use -alt preset standard but I'll take whatever. Do you have a method of transport? I can see if I can allow you to FTP them to up to my site.

The two new tracks are We Just Won't Be Defeated and Hold Yr Terror Close. Which is frustrating because the whole reason I got the import was that the US release was supposed to have fewer tracks as the US label was having trouble getting licenses for some of the samples. I was also hoping that they'd do like Wilco and put the bonus tracks up on their site for free but no dice.
Logged

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
Fear of Music
« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2005, 02:22:06 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Awesome. I'd prefer mp3 just for portability. Being a huge geek I use -alt preset standard but I'll take whatever. Do you have a method of transport? I can see if I can allow you to FTP them to up to my site.

If you can give me FTP access that would be cool, otherwise I can just put them up on my web space for a while.  I was at my girlfriend's place last night but tonight I will definitely be able to upload them.  Provided, that is, that I don't get too drunk at the company HOLIDAY PARTY and miss the last train home before the damn subway strike.
Logged

rumpy doppelganger

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 69
  • drang
    • View Profile
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #143 on: December 19, 2005, 05:04:45 am »

hold yr terror close is pretty dumb, they're going for a high school musical sort of sound with that singular sound of pianos in a gym

singing too i guess, pretty slight, really interrupts everything, dumb dumb

haven't heard just won't be defeated. might be better.



today i picked up dungen's 2-disc "ta det lugnt" reissue and "talking heads 77" on old vinyl

plus the new liars record leaked onto the internet and it will stalk the streets by night let me tell you !
Logged
These kids are the next generation of superstars loaded with bags of crazy tricks. Watch while they ride tasty waves and catch big air just like the pros, it'll make your jaw drop! Kids Who Rip invit

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #144 on: December 19, 2005, 12:26:15 pm »

am I the only person in the world that cannot get into the talking heads?

They played at my SO's parent's wedding. I cannot explain how this happened, considering I have been told many a tale about how they were so poor that they had to steal hotdogs from grocery stores when they first got married. Maybe it was before Talking Heads were big? Maybe they knew someone in the band?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #145 on: December 19, 2005, 04:52:42 pm »

am I the only person in the world that cannot get into the talking heads?

You're not. My girlfriend loves them (but then again she's 33). I could never wrap my mind around their stuff (but then again I generally started paying attention to music during the grunge era, which means I have wooden ears, and couldn't care less for much that was created in the 80's)
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #146 on: December 19, 2005, 06:24:04 pm »

They played at my SO's parent's wedding.

Dang!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #147 on: December 19, 2005, 07:32:15 pm »

Dang!

You think I could persuade Byrne to sort something out for my mate's wedding?
He's stuck with shitty Ukrainian wedding bands at the moment!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #148 on: December 19, 2005, 08:34:35 pm »

You think I could persuade Byrne to sort something out for my mate's wedding?
He's stuck with shitty Ukrainian wedding bands at the moment!

Are you sure that Byrne is in the Ukrainian wedding band?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #149 on: December 19, 2005, 10:17:26 pm »

Are you sure that Byrne is in the Ukrainian wedding band?

Yeah yeah.
OK. My mate was the last person alluded to, but I'll give you it for the shakey sentence structure.
Dang.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Up