Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Fear of Music  (Read 50933 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #165 on: January 25, 2006, 10:35:49 pm »

Thank you for this mental image.

What, a jowly dude with short greying hair and glasses banging his head?  You're welcome, I guess.

I'm just happy the store was empty.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #166 on: January 26, 2006, 10:18:38 pm »

Toad the Wet Sprocket.  I never tried to hear any of their music, because I couldn't believe that in this cruel and unforgiving universe, a band could have that good a name and really be any good.  But Pandora is playing a song of theirs now and it seems fine.  Kind of like those Barenaked Ladies in that they don't rock too hard or rock not enough but are Just Right. 

Any thoughts? Am I doomed to Toad disappointment if I pursue this further?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #167 on: January 27, 2006, 12:56:39 am »

I used to be really into them.  Well, no, a friend of mine did, but I really enjoyed listening to one of their albums.  Hang on...

This one.

I haven't heard but a couple songs from it in years but I liked it.  I hate The Barenaked Ladies, though, so my opinion may be shit to you.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2006, 05:26:54 pm »

I own and enjoy Toad's "Pale" album.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #169 on: January 28, 2006, 04:53:23 pm »

The Smoking Popes are coming to Houston! Man, if only Gin Blossoms and a fresh-faced Weezer were opening for them it would be perfect.
Logged
I am older now.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #170 on: January 28, 2006, 04:55:04 pm »

Holy crap Smoking Popes are still around?

Gah, they remind me of the ex-wife and drugs in the dorm room.

"Rubellaaaaa"


These were memories I did not need.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #171 on: January 28, 2006, 05:02:48 pm »

Gah, they remind me of the ex-wife[...]in the dorm room.

You were married while you lived in the dorms?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #172 on: January 28, 2006, 05:06:41 pm »

Well, she was just the gf back then.  The wife/ex-wife bits came later.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #173 on: January 28, 2006, 05:20:39 pm »

Tell us more.  This thread is staying too on-topic.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #174 on: January 28, 2006, 05:27:14 pm »

Uh.. it's a long story that is basically pretty bad.

Essentially the end is the best part, so I'll skip there.

Not by my choice I had been celibate for about 3 years (we were together for 5 total) by the end of the relationship because "it hurt" and she "thought she might have endometriosis".  When in reality it turns out that I was actually just a nice guy to bring in the bucks while she "finished college". (That last bit can be read fucked other people if you want)

Quite literally we broke up the same month she was scheduled to finish, coincidentally enough.

Anyway, without getting more into reasons and whatnot; why did I wait 3 long ass years without getting some?  I don't know folks, sometimes we put our trust in the wrong places and when we think we're helping someone we're really just letting them screw us over.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 05:31:23 pm by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #175 on: January 28, 2006, 06:39:22 pm »

See womby?  You brought everyone down by asking.

I am sorry folks, I am not trying to work some rough chuckles these days!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #176 on: January 28, 2006, 06:58:33 pm »

I think that is an interesting story with a lot of possible life lessons to be drawn but I will leave it at this: Ladies, if you think you have endometriosis for three years, what you're supposed to do is go to the doctor.

Wait a minute, there's a band called the Smoking Popes?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #177 on: January 28, 2006, 07:16:55 pm »

Yes there is, and they give me bad memories.


Fuck you Smoking Popes, Fuck... You!


Also ladies if you tell your SO that you think you have endometriosis and can't have sex with him at such a time, please do not have sex with others.  That is all I ask.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #178 on: January 28, 2006, 07:21:25 pm »

Also ladies if you tell your SO that you think you have endometriosis and can't have sex with him at such a time, please do not have sex with others.  That is all I ask.

Even if the "others" they're having sex with means misterqueue?
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #179 on: January 28, 2006, 07:22:42 pm »

Even if the "others" they're having sex with means misterqueue?

Heh.. I may be a sick fuck but I don't think I want anyone else to know how that felt if they can avoid such things.


So yes, even then.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18   Go Up