Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Fear of Music  (Read 50920 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #195 on: February 01, 2006, 02:56:56 am »

I put From Blown Speakers on my mix, and then you posted "I really need to get into them" or words to that effect in the thread about it so I thought I could make the claim
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #196 on: February 01, 2006, 03:13:37 am »

Well, I don't remember now. Maybe I'm exercising revisionist history here. Really, does it matter? They're raddening my life AS WE SPEAK.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #197 on: February 01, 2006, 05:10:12 am »

I have always been disturbed by the name Neko Case.  It sounds like something ******##### would make up.  Also, you kids today, why are the song clips on websites so short?  I need more time than that to make up my mind.
Did you listen to the Neko Case mp3 posted a few pages back? It is the full song and not scary.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

rumpy doppelganger

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 69
  • drang
    • View Profile
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #198 on: February 01, 2006, 07:00:08 pm »

best new pornographers song: TO WILD HOMES

anyone wanna front i will take them to town two times
Logged
These kids are the next generation of superstars loaded with bags of crazy tricks. Watch while they ride tasty waves and catch big air just like the pros, it'll make your jaw drop! Kids Who Rip invit

idiomsavant

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #199 on: February 01, 2006, 10:33:00 pm »

best new pornographers song: TO WILD HOMES

anyone wanna front i will take them to town two times
I must respectfully disagree.  I will say only this: "The Laws Have Changed."

I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #200 on: February 01, 2006, 10:47:48 pm »

The Laws Have Changed is in my top 5 (maybe top 3, depends on my mood) but All for Swinging You Around is undisputed champion.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #201 on: February 02, 2006, 12:25:10 am »

The last five songs on Electric Version are all beautiful, especially in order.

I have yet to acquire Mass Romantic, but like half the songs on Twin Cinema are also treasure. I still can't stop listening to "Jackie Dressed in Cobras" when the mood strikes me.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #202 on: February 02, 2006, 12:50:55 am »

It is basically impossible to be unhappy while listening to their music.

Yes, I see this now. 

According to this Borders website here, they only have Twin Cinema at the one around the corner from me.  Will this keep me happy enough while I wait for the others to come in the mail?  Of the whole songs on their website, the ones from that album were not my favorites.

My home is being taken over by Canadian bands.  Those wily Northerners.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #203 on: February 02, 2006, 01:17:42 am »

I like it best.  But apparently I'm alone in this.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #204 on: February 02, 2006, 01:50:11 am »

Twin Cinema will make you happy. It's not as good as Electric Version, in my opinion, but that's like saying that a sapphire's less pretty than a diamond. Both of them are basically like treasure.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #205 on: February 02, 2006, 05:42:18 am »

Twin Cinema will make you happy. It's not as good as Electric Version, in my opinion, but that's like saying that a sapphire's less pretty than a diamond. Both of them are basically like treasure.

I think they ARE treasure. At least, I'm pretty sure that there were some diamonds and sapphires mixed in with all of the gold coins in Scrooge McDuck's giant swimming pool/money vault.

If those McDucks have fooled me again, I will be FURIOUS.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #206 on: February 02, 2006, 03:40:52 pm »

DAMN those people at Borders who have no respect for the alphabet.  I couldn't find the damn thing.

Eh, it's OK.  I am now going crazy on Amazon, crazy I tell you.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #207 on: February 02, 2006, 05:21:17 pm »

You should go to Revolution Records on Conn. right by the Van Ness stop. It's so freaking awesome. Sometimes I just sit in the listening rooms watching the lava lite and looking at the articles from a 1983 copy of Sesame Street magazine.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #208 on: February 02, 2006, 05:30:34 pm »

Indeed a New Pornographers song was on my last widely-distributed mix, as was Neko's "Deep Red Bells."  I think "Letter From an Occupant" is their best track, but there are many fine ones to choose from.

Have you heard about the big fat Best Buy $7.99 indie CD sale?  There is much hand-wriging as to whether this is a good thing, or whether it's going to destroy the few remaining independent music stores left in this country.  All I know is, I'm picking up the most recent New Pornographers record after work today, and I'm mildly annoyed that I paid more for Bloc Party and Broken Social Scene.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fear of Music
« Reply #209 on: February 02, 2006, 06:58:01 pm »

You should go to Revolution Records on Conn. right by the Van Ness stop. It's so freaking awesome. Sometimes I just sit in the listening rooms watching the lava lite and looking at the articles from a 1983 copy of Sesame Street magazine.

Cort thinks I should take my actual physical body out of the neighborhood to buy a CD?  I don't think I've done this since lava lites were in fashion the first time around....   No, wait, I'm not THAT old.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18   Go Up