Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!  (Read 6517 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bdeth dot com

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 63
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bdeth.com
June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2005, 02:58:04 pm »

I am full of opinions right now.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2005, 03:01:47 pm »

.....Hooooo. Let's all move to the mountains, huh?

Also, this is why no-one should be a Darryl (or Daryl), EVER.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

editor

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 41
    • View Profile
June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2005, 03:04:33 pm »

I never knew Corliss was a girl's name.  

Poor Beef.
Logged
Congratulations, you broke the Internet.  Good job.


Don't you hate #####?

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2005, 03:33:59 pm »

Why would they hang out at Beef's anyways? I remember if my friends had a mildly depressing house we'd always hang out at mine.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2005, 03:41:51 pm »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Why would they hang out at Beef's anyways? I remember if my friends had a mildly depressing house we'd always hang out at mine.


Maybe his place had the porn mags?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2005, 03:43:29 pm »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Why would they hang out at Beef's anyways? I remember if my friends had a mildly depressing house we'd always hang out at mine.


Because hanging out at Ray's tends to be embarrassing for Beef.

I must agree that the brick line did it for me....
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

V-Adore

  • Guest
June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2005, 03:52:15 pm »

I'm not sure which is a bleaker thought: that Daryl is/was Beef's dad, or that Beef had two half-siblings who presumably got killed with a brick.

Either way, this strip is like "Circumstances!: The Musical."
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2005, 03:55:45 pm »

I'm sure its been brought up before but how the hell did Beef and Ray even meet?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2005, 04:12:04 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'm not sure which is a bleaker thought: that Daryl is/was Beef's dad, or that Beef had two half-siblings who presumably got killed with a brick.

Either way, this strip is like "Circumstances!: The Musical."

I think CJ got it right, Beef and Showbiz are twins.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

bdeth dot com

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 63
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bdeth.com
June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2005, 04:34:39 pm »

It's funny because Ray thinks that by placing the girl with the J cups in Canada that his friend will not find out that he is lying. Later Ray confesses because of the somber moment.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2005, 04:46:57 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'm not sure which is a bleaker thought: that Daryl is/was Beef's dad, or that Beef had two half-siblings who presumably got killed with a brick.


i had interpretted that she was Lying to Someone She Hates, and that the children had not been murdered.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2005, 05:15:04 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
i had interpretted that she was Lying to Someone She Hates, and that the children had not been murdered.

I concur.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2005, 05:16:01 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
So that's Beef's Dad. Wait, so does this mean he and Showbiz are twins? Was this mentioned before? Am I losing my powers?!


That's right. They are twins! Since I have a twin sister, I have a special place for twins in my heart. The fact that Beef is a highly contributing factor to why RB is my favorite Achewood character.

Remember how Beef gets mistaken by the maitre'd for Showbiz when they went to the Fanciest Dinner In The World? Twinness.

Also, Beef mentions the fact that he has a twin in his blog, when he says that Showbiz borrowed two grand from him. In the strip, it looked like Beef just gave him the money. I don't know. Martyr complex, maybe?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2005, 05:17:28 pm »

I forgot Beef even had a brother, and was all confused.  Shame, shame, shame on me.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2005, 05:21:36 pm »

Phillipe should ask Beef about the Saddest Thing. I think he has a lot more insight into that than Lie Bot.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up