Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!  (Read 6498 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2005, 05:28:04 pm »

Quote from: "Emergent_C"
Phillipe should ask Beef about the Saddest Thing. I think he has a lot more insight into that than Lie Bot.


I think Roast Beef knows that answering that question for Philippe would give him Circumstances. And I don't think the poor bastard has it in his heart to knowingly inflict Circumstances on a five-year-old.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2005, 06:47:16 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I think Roast Beef knows that answering that question for Philippe would give him Circumstances. And I don't think the poor bastard has it in his heart to knowingly inflict Circumstances on a five-year-old.


You can't inflict Circumstances on someone else without physically doing something horrible to them.

Wait a second...how did Philippe's dad die again?
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2005, 07:09:12 pm »

Quote from: "linnea"
Also, Beef mentions the fact that he has a twin in his blog, when he says that Showbiz borrowed two grand from him. In the strip, it looked like Beef just gave him the money. I don't know. Martyr complex, maybe?

Ah, see when I read that strip I just assumed they looked alike just from being regular brothers. It seems that Showbiz getting money from Beef is not a rare occurrance so maybe the lending was separate from the Rockfor Fosgate incident.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2005, 07:31:59 pm »

I concur - beef and showbiz are twins. Which brings me to the next question - if Beef and Ray are adolescents in this strip, where is Showbiz? Did he leave home to be on his own really early?
Logged

bdeth dot com

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 63
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bdeth.com
June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2005, 07:45:16 pm »

is he dead...
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2005, 11:36:01 pm »

Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"

Wait a second...how did Philippe's dad die again?


I don't think that we know at this point. You will probably recall the strip where Philippe's mom calls and Philippe is traumatised that she is in love with someone other than his papa, who now lives in Heaven.

All I know is that Philippe used to live with his family in Bordeaux (see the Achewood Cookbook for this information), but then his father died, and now his mom lives in Idaho. Their hundred-year old home in Bordeaux was destroyed in a fire. It doesn't say how Philippe's dad died, but based on what little information we do have, it might be deduced that his papa died in France, and then Philippe and his mom moved to the US.

Just some thoughts of mine. Anyway.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2005, 11:42:19 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "linnea"
Also, Beef mentions the fact that he has a twin in his blog, when he says that Showbiz borrowed two grand from him. In the strip, it looked like Beef just gave him the money. I don't know. Martyr complex, maybe?

Ah, see when I read that strip I just assumed they looked alike just from being regular brothers. It seems that Showbiz getting money from Beef is not a rare occurrance so maybe the lending was separate from the Rockfor Fosgate incident.


Oh my God. I almost died laughing the other day. A guy pulled up outside my work with a "Rockford Fosgate" sticker on the back windscreen of his truck. Heh...Until I saw that sticker, I had no idea that "Rockford Fosgate" was an actual real company. I'm sure that my coworkers all think I'm insane.

I mean, oh my god. Just look at the lettering! It is pure '80s cheese.

Logged

JeremyW

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cringecomics.com
June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2005, 04:48:58 am »

Showbiz would be somewhere else doing his own thing.  I'm a twin, twins don't usualy share friends.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2005, 03:54:20 pm »

Wait, so if Beef and Showbiz are twins does that mean they were born with the same . . . gender issues? Maybe Showbiz has a girl's real first name as well.
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2005, 04:03:09 pm »

No, Showbiz's first name is Michael, as evidenced by this strip.  Although, it's possible that he changed it...

I think more likely is that Beef's condition was caused by some kind of in-utero intervention, like maybe Showbiz punching him in the groin repeatedly.  Just a theory.

acoxcae
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up