Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The dude is from circumstances - 01/07/05  (Read 7871 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
The dude is from circumstances - 01/07/05
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2005, 08:31:41 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
I, too, enjoy these comics immensely. I wonder if jumping the bridge and floating down the river is something Beef does a lot... maybe it's his therapy, like Phillipe splashing the water in the toilet.


Doubtful. He's afraid of creeks.

Yes, but it has established that it's Gramma K who instilled the fear of creeks in him, and at this point in his life, he is in the care of his mother. It might be inferred from this current storyline that it was this event that put him in the care of Gramma K.

I enjoy the cartoon cats, even the strangely melancholy tale of the depressed cat's upbringing.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
The dude is from circumstances - 01/07/05
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2005, 09:19:30 pm »

I like how Beef is sucking his thumb in the second panel
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The dude is from circumstances - 01/07/05
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2005, 10:56:10 pm »

I think he just has his patte over his gueule.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
The dude is from circumstances - 01/07/05
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2005, 10:58:16 pm »

I prefer the nearly catatonic, psychically shocked, reverting to early childhood interpretation.

Also, I don't know what a patte or a gueule is.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
The dude is from circumstances - 01/07/05
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2005, 11:20:18 pm »

Français!  Car c'est la fête du Canada!

patte = paw
gueule = mouth, approximately

I am on the team of finding this not so much with the funny.
Logged
goose means greedy

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
The dude is from circumstances - 01/07/05
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2005, 12:43:18 am »

The strip isn't funny per se, but I find the thumbsucking funny.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The dude is from circumstances - 01/07/05
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2005, 12:57:02 am »

I'm not so sure I find it funny as much as poignant and wonderful.  In a non-Lifetime Network sort of way.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
The dude is from circumstances - 01/07/05
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2005, 01:14:50 am »

Stay tuned Friday for a Very Special Achewood which any parent of a teenager can not afford to miss.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
The dude is from circumstances - 01/07/05
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2005, 01:21:29 am »

Look, Beef! I'm hitting myself! I'm hitting myself! Look!
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
The dude is from circumstances - 01/07/05
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2005, 01:57:11 am »

Ooh, AD, new rank?
Logged
goose means greedy

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
The dude is from circumstances - 01/07/05
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2005, 05:07:52 am »

I'm glad you noticed. I'm TOUAMB2K compliant.

Are there any festivities planned for the upcoming 2nd Birthday of this festive board, btw?

PS If I were a mod, I've move this post. Sorry.

Also, sorry Ahmad - I'm not you, but you know what I mean.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The dude is from circumstances - 01/07/05
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2005, 06:33:24 am »

We have a wee surprise coming up for August 1st.  I'll not say more.

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
The dude is from circumstances - 01/07/05
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2005, 07:44:47 am »

Does Beef float to Ray's house? I can totally see that as a means of transit.
Logged
I am older now.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
The dude is from circumstances - 01/07/05
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2005, 11:23:13 am »

Quote from: "jough"
We have a wee surprise coming up for August 1st.  I'll not say more.


Why does this make me apprehensive rather than full of joyous anticipation?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
The dude is from circumstances - 01/07/05
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2005, 04:19:04 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
We have a wee surprise coming up for August 1st.  I'll not say more.


This time, I'M having a baby.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up