Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 29242 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Welcome!
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2003, 03:32:09 am »

Yea... I'll be, Chief of Staff, or Lacky to Satan and all His superior minions of doom. Synonymous I know...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Ranks
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2003, 03:38:36 am »

We have the first few ranks in place.  Everybody's pretty much "Scrambles the Dog" at this point...except me & Jough.  What's next?  Well...wait and see.  

If I wake up tomorrow and everybody's got 50 posts, you're all going to be in big trouble.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Vinz Clortho

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 27
    • View Profile
Welcome!
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2003, 04:20:45 am »

*sniiiiiiiiff*

Ah, that new messageboard smell!
Logged

Vinz Clortho

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 27
    • View Profile
Welcome!
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2003, 04:30:27 am »

Jough, thank you so much for setting this up.  You've saved us all, and I promise to be good.

JLD, thank you so much for ruling over us with your iron fist.  Your cruelty will no doubt be the coolest ever.

Now, this isn't meant to suck up, but I'm so excited I want to spread this goodwill!  Now that Onstad's left and you've stepped up, what if we want to send you tokens of our esteem (booze, pies, and the like)?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Welcome!
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2003, 04:40:14 am »

Quote from: "slink"

-and Jough, what the hell is that quote from? It's breaking my head trying to remember!


Outer Limits.

Or were you referring to a different quote?

-- J.

yahnai

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile
Welcome!
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2003, 04:44:59 am »

hmm -- you think onstad wants a messageboard about his site to even exist?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Welcome!
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2003, 04:47:19 am »

Yes, yes, yessity, yes.

Mucho kudos to Jough and JL for their contributions and efforts.

Now all the rest of us have to commit to actually hanging out here and posting regularly.

And if you can't post regularly, perhaps you should eat more fiber.  Or drink coffee.  That usually works for me.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Welcome!
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2003, 05:09:56 am »

Quote
hmm -- you think onstad wants a messageboard about his site to even exist?


Not much he can do about it now.  I think this is fantastic.  Onstad is an awesome cartoonist, but a lousy messageboard moderator.  Now he's free to make his comic in peace and we can talk about it without fear of annoying the boss.  Much, much, much better arrangement I thinks.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
good evening everyone
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2003, 05:14:14 am »

I lurked for some time at the old board, and I found this whole move most unsettling, however, it has given me an opportunity to insinuate myself into the flock, so.... hello.
Logged
goose means greedy

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Welcome!
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2003, 05:32:49 am »

Hi everyone :)
I take no offense to not getting emails about offering my forum; really :D
just thought I'd throw that out there for the hell of it

This looks like a great new start so far.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
I would have locked this thread by now.
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2003, 05:46:25 am »

JLD! JLD! JLD! JLD! *throws shoe at other audience member*
Logged
[expletive deleted]

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Welcome!
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2003, 05:47:39 am »

Hi andalucia,

No need to feel unsettled.  Onstad just decided he'd had it after the negative reception to his new feature, the Variety Hour (a long thread he deleted this afternoon) and is calling it quits.

Since nature abhors a vaccuum; here we are.

And the nice thing about a new message board is that everyone is back to zero again!  It's like... communism...

But about Achewood!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Welcome!
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2003, 07:00:05 am »

Should I feel proud of myself that I only scratched my head for 5 minutes after not finding the 'discuss' link before actually stumbling on this?

GENIUS I say! Huzzah to Jough and the Queen!!

That's all.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Welcome!
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2003, 07:59:54 am »

I read the old board fairly often, but I didn't really post.

Terrific. Glad to be here.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Welcome!
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2003, 08:59:46 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "slink"

-and Jough, what the hell is that quote from? It's breaking my head trying to remember!


Outer Limits.

Or were you referring to a different quote?

-- J.


Aaaaaah, no that was the one! Thankyou!
When I saw it I just kept reading it over and over and it was kinda phasing in and out of nearly being remembered!
So long since I seen it you see, the beeb used to show it over here a good few years back, but they kinda dropped it, though I believe it's still somewhat going?!? Scary thought...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up