Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 29241 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2010, 04:27:34 am »

pope poory
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2010, 04:38:07 am »

all bag lady art and sad clown wallpaper, wall-to-wall shag cardboard
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2010, 05:09:34 am »

I'm quite certain I have no idea what you people are talking about.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2010, 05:31:59 am »

I haven't gotten an alert for a thread here in ages.

It's nice to see you all again. I've been kinda... busy.

Some good stuff, some bad stuff, I guess it all equals out.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2010, 05:44:35 am »

Jough, you old son of a bitch, how're you doing?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2010, 05:45:55 am »

A tiny can of Dr. Pepper for an appropriately-Roast-Beef-esque return announcement.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2010, 03:20:46 am »

My heart's explodin!  JOUGH!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2011, 10:13:19 am »

#7 observes the conversation of #3 and #6 and figures something worked out alright.

I think your numbers were off, but I guess all in all we did ok. We got solid contributions out of 11 of the first twenty members, and six of us still post here. Of course, with no strip anymore who knows what the future will hold.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2011, 02:37:31 pm »

It took me a week and a day to figure out something else came out of the Dumbrella collapse.  I was so relieved to find this place.  I was working at a call centre at the time and was so bored.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2011, 02:48:40 pm »

Toward the end of the old board my gf moved to Portland and I found out my mom had cancer. I didn't really know many people in (shudder) Wasilla. I was pleased that this board was started.

I wonder how long the Dumbrella messageboards have been down.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 03:02:47 pm by Nabubrush »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2011, 08:35:33 pm »

my favorite memory of the dumbrella days is after onstrade locked and wiped the forum we could still post polls and vote, he couldn't figure out how to turn that off.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2011, 05:58:20 am »

I was looking through our archives and found a post of mine pointing to a thread there, and the next post was from R. Stevens indicating that he had vaporized the last remnants of the board.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2011, 12:05:57 pm »

So it's probably been 2-3 years since I've read the strip (regularly) so I guess I have some archives to go back and read.

It's funny, though - I did just pick up the second two Dark hoss books after seeing them recommended to me on Amazon as a "People who liked Let's Kill Uncle have also enjoyed Achewood" thing. So I bought them.

I don't mind forking over hard-earned money in exchange for entertainment value, Onstad has never owed me a thing, and even though I grew tired of what I considered repetitive work around the time I stopped reading, I'm still a little sorry to see it go and not be trodding-out sad recycled trope out of sad vomit joke.

If you held off on buying someone's wares just because they were a dick you'd never see a movie, hear an album, or read a goddamned book.

I miss you all. Well, not you. But everyone else.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 12:12:55 pm by jough »
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2011, 12:52:12 pm »

Jough! We all miss you. Without exception.

Well, I dunno, maybe that one guy. But you know how he is.

I totally did a double-take on the date of this post. Are you coming back for real, or was this just a tease?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2011, 03:17:40 pm »

Jough! We all miss you. Without exception.

Well, I dunno, maybe that one guy. But you know how he is.

I totally did a double-take on the date of this post. Are you coming back for real, or was this just a tease?

Now, now - don't get greedy.

(Also it is good to see ol' #1 around these parts.)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 04:25:11 pm by Nabubrush »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up