Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello.  (Read 4680 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Cooper

  • Guest
Hello.
« on: July 03, 2005, 07:54:41 am »

Hello denizens of the Achewood Message Board!

I have "lurked" here for a while but have not as of yet had occasion to register. Today I was noticing that I had less than usual to occupy my time, so I set about to registering at your facilities, which, obvious limitations inherent in the medium aside, seems more than adequate a soapbox for my daily Achewoodcentric musings. I will get out of the way early on the fact that my favorite character is Ray; the mere notion of a cat in a thong literally slays me. So against the grain. I love it. It is perfect.

My name is Franklin (Cooper being my surname, natch). I am, technically speaking, still in my thirties ( :wink: ) and live a life of quiet but not unpleasant coexistence with several birds in an absurd apartment complex that brings to mind Bauhaus as dictated by dyslexic vagrant whose parents did not love him. It is not as appalling when viewed from the inside, and so I tend to stay there.

Anyway, I am looking forward to making the most of your facilities here, which strike me as fairly quaint. Feel free to expect me as a new regular around these parts.

yours, simply,

Franklin C
Logged

Cooper

  • Guest
Hello.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 07:58:34 am »

p.s. Expect a mug shot of yours truly shortly, as soon as I can configure this benighted piece of equipment. I would not dare rob you of the full experience.

yours in haste, for now,

FC
Logged

Cooper

  • Guest
Hello.
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 08:03:24 am »

p.p.s. Not to be a bother, but can anyone pass along advice on how to configure the image beneath one's moniker? I have plans.

really, now, I must be going,

FC
Logged

Cooper

  • Guest
Hello.
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 08:07:30 am »

p.p.p.s. (now this is getting ridiculous!) I neglected to capitalize the C in my handle, I realize, alas, too late. I do not want to appear scruffy and boorish; to that end, how might I go about remedying this puzzling drop in my comprehension of common English?

Okay, now I am late. Look what I have done.

FC
Logged

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Hello.
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005, 08:15:22 am »

haha, well hi there! i think this might be the longest intro i've ever seen on this forum...all it really takes is three sentences at most lol

welcome to touamb! while i wouldn't call it your "soapbox" we are generally polite to new members and we'd love to discuss achewood (and whatever else) with you! and you seem to have quite a lot to say :lol:
Logged

Cooper

  • Guest
Hello.
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005, 08:24:46 am »

Well, I do consider myself fairly verbose, and I don't particularly think what I wrote was excessive. But I understand your point ... I suppose.

Thank you for the greeting, at any rate; what it lacked in grammatical fortitude it more than makes up for in friendliness.

yours,

FC
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Hello.
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2005, 03:05:15 pm »

Welcome, Cooper.

I would like to direct your attention to the little button to the right of every post that says "Edit."  

By clicking on said button you get to edit every post you have written, so you're not replying to yourself.  Granded, de temps en temps we like to reply to ourselves for comic effect, but in general, posting multiple messages for the purposes of inflating your post count or just because you're pleased with yourself results in having all of said messages come to an unspectacular and completely deleted end.

However, since the snot is still around your nose and your back is just SOPPING wet, we'll let it slide this time.

But HENCEFORTH, be ye on notice.

P.S. (see how this is done?) - you add an image to your .sig the same way you'd add one to a post - by using the [ IMG ] BBCode.  When you're making a post, click on the word "BBCode" next to the little post options check boxes, and you'll be treated to a treatise on how BBCode works.

Also, above a post box there are little buttons.  Pressing the one that says "Img" will insert image tags for your posting convenience.


Give me convenience or give me death!  -- Jello Biafra, the nephew of our country

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Hello.
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2005, 04:06:17 pm »

Now let's be kind to him Jough - after all, his posts sound like they came straight from the the pen of Mr. Bear.

Welcome Cooper!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Hello.
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2005, 04:42:42 pm »

Hi Cooper.
I keep forgetting that I didn't sign up last week. I've been on for a damn YEAR now.
SHORE GOES FAST WHEN YER HAVIN' FUN!

EDIT- Wow, I just read your thing in Fear of Music. Did you just call Stockhausen onanistic? Hmmm. Pret-ty ballsy. I think you're a keeper.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Hello.
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2005, 08:25:11 pm »

Quote from: "Cooper"
Well, I do consider myself fairly verbose, and I don't particularly think what I wrote was excessive. But I understand your point ... I suppose.


uh...i wasn't really saying you did anything wrong, i just thought it was funny. no offense, but calm down, man. taking things too seriously on this forum isn't a good idea  :wink:
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Hello.
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2005, 09:30:29 pm »

Hi there, and welcome.
Logged
goose means greedy

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Hello.
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2005, 11:34:16 pm »

Anyone else getting an Ignatius J Reilly feel here?

Just saying.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Hello.
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2005, 09:37:50 pm »

C,
Click on the "Profile" button at the very top of the page (under the FAQ, Search, Memberlist, &c. buttons). Upload your avatar and sig from there.
Logged

Cooper

  • Guest
Hello.
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2005, 04:12:08 am »

Whoops! I'm leaving forever.

Eternal lust,

CF

ps Noah you are a dick, I will take you to the place where you will die :!:
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Hello.
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2005, 06:04:04 am »

Quote from: "Cooper"
Whoops! I'm leaving forever.


You got that right, buddy.

Quote

ps Noah you are a dick, I will take you to the place where you will die :!:


Threatening the life of another member is probably the BEST way to get banned from here.

Sayonara, dickhead.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up