Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Nature's Gas Station - 08 July 2005  (Read 5725 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Nature's Gas Station - 08 July 2005
« on: July 08, 2005, 06:41:42 am »

I guess it's funny because Pat didn't want to share?

I'm hoping this gets funny when I wake up, after Onstad FURIOUSLY twiddles with it to make it, you know, good.

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Nature's Gas Station - 08 July 2005
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 06:44:35 am »

I thought it was funny.

Is the cat with the star glasses Mr. Gary? I thought he was just filling in for Mr. Gary. Mr. Gary must be gone a lot.
Logged

bonaparte

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Nature's Gas Station - 08 July 2005
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 06:53:03 am »

hey first time poster glad to be here thank you all so much.


does anyone else wish we'd see some of Nice Pete's side of their relationship in the blogs?  i mean he really does seem like a decent fella aside from all the murderings.

"How DARE DARE DARE you!"  he's such an asshole he needs to place threefold emphasis on his anger before he storms out.
Logged

tcc

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Nature's Gas Station - 08 July 2005
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 08:06:28 am »

Probably a long shot but could Pat's Bad Problem be related to the Banjo incident?  When exactly did support group last meet anyway?

Also high fives to the capitalizations (I know it's been mentioned before but it's just That Cool).
Logged
wangtime, mongoose style

JeremyW

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cringecomics.com
Nature's Gas Station - 08 July 2005
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 08:07:37 am »

I like how the guy just calls it "support group" but doesn't say what kind of support group.  This leads me to believe that it's a support group for general misfits.

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Nature's Gas Station - 08 July 2005
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 10:10:18 am »

It's cool to see Jough again.
Er, I mean Pat, sorry, slip of the tongue.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Nature's Gas Station - 08 July 2005
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 11:58:04 am »

I hate anything involving Aaaaarthur.  He kills funny so fast.
Logged
goose means greedy

JeremyW

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cringecomics.com
Nature's Gas Station - 08 July 2005
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 12:25:35 pm »

Are there any off panel members of support group or is it just these three guys?

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Nature's Gas Station - 08 July 2005
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2005, 12:54:17 pm »

Agreed, this is not a very good one. There have been much funnier support group strips in the past. I guess the best part in this one is Nice Pete's huffy expression in panel whatever (I'm lazy, you look it up).
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Nature's Gas Station - 08 July 2005
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2005, 01:01:35 pm »

Quote from: "JeremyW"
I like how the guy just calls it "support group" but doesn't say what kind of support group.  This leads me to believe that it's a support group for general misfits.

I'm almost positive we were told the support group is for anger but I don't have time to check the archive right now.

And panel 10 makes the whole strip worth while no matter what you people say.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Nature's Gas Station - 08 July 2005
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2005, 01:22:21 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I guess it's funny because Pat didn't want to share?

I'm hoping this gets funny when I wake up, after Onstad FURIOUSLY twiddles with it to make it, you know, good.

He can't do that until he reads our comments.  If you want funny, Jough, you must be more constructive in your criticism.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Nature's Gas Station - 08 July 2005
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2005, 01:23:59 pm »

Quote from: "cellardoor"
It's cool to see Jough again.
Er, I mean Pat, sorry, slip of the tongue.


 :lol:
Logged

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Nature's Gas Station - 08 July 2005
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2005, 01:37:04 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "JeremyW"
I like how the guy just calls it "support group" but doesn't say what kind of support group.  This leads me to believe that it's a support group for general misfits.

I'm almost positive we were told the support group is for anger but I don't have time to check the archive right now.

It was first in the rocketship storyline.
Logged

gearnest

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
    • Prewar Gibson Banjos
Nature's Gas Station - 08 July 2005
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2005, 01:37:30 pm »

I guess I'm easy. . . all it takes is the star glasses, the ascot, the clipboard, and that oh-so-eager forward lean and I'm thoroughly amused at the first panel.

Welcome, Bonaparte!
Logged

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
Nature's Gas Station - 08 July 2005
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2005, 01:40:16 pm »

"Take take take?"  "Dare dare dare?"  Is this Onstad's new awesome comedy trope?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up