Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05  (Read 9357 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
« on: July 11, 2005, 08:23:33 am »

....Meh. I mean, I get it. Ray does funny stuff when tanked. But I know "BLOO BLOO BLOO!", and you, sir, are no "BLOO BLOO BLOO!"
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 09:15:19 am »

This is my favourite thing about today already and today has barely begun. Just seeing Ray's get up was funny, but Beef's mildly dissapointed plea pushed it into a new and funnier place.
I don't know Mr White all that well but does he drink a lot?
Logged

Suckin_Dick

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 56
    • View Profile
Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 09:18:00 am »

man i probably would've named this title something like "thank you jack white for that fiber optic jesus that you gave me"

but the "jack white gets into the bed" sounds hella creepilly like "it puts the lotion in the basket."

i don't know why i thought of that.


creepy.
Logged
suckin dick bought this van.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 11:14:37 am »

I really liked this one, and I can't really place why.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 12:10:25 pm »

I was so worried that people who wear Neighborhoodies wouldn't have anything to forward to each other today. I was so worried.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 12:40:39 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I was so worried that people who wear Neighborhoodies wouldn't have anything to forward to each other today. I was so worried.

I like how this is pleasantly snarky without actually indicating an opinion on the strip one way or the other. I feel much the same way; there's sort of the core of a funny joke here, but I'm not sure if I'm really feeling it. I mean... okay, Ray thinks he's Jack White. Can we move on? Elaborate on the premise some? Anything other than just "Ray in a costume = BIG LAUGHS?"
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 12:57:10 pm »

I really only know the White Stripes from Coffee and Cigarettes, and this is definitely not as funny as a Tesla coil.
Logged
goose means greedy

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 03:14:28 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"

... I'm not sure if I'm really feeling it. I mean... okay, Ray thinks he's Jack White. Can we move on?


It's not just that Ray thinks he's Jack White.  It's that Ray thinks that there comes a time in every man's life when he must imitate Jack White.

Also, this strip gives you an opportunity to see what Ray's package looks like when he's not wearing a thong.  For whatever that's worth.

Oh, and there's no way Jack White plays a Rickenbacker.  Ray must have grabbed any old guitar sitting around the house.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2005, 03:45:49 pm »

Does anyone else know someone who decides to imitate a celebrity when they're drunk/high?

I remember spending a whole weekend at a friends cabin party with a guy who was all messed up that he'd just gotten married, and was away from the wife for the first time, so he got totally tanked at around 10 AM on the first day, became Austin Powers, and stayed both tanked and Austin Powers for the whole weekend.  I got so used to him saying "Yeah, baby!" that when I saw him after that weekend I was confused as to why he did not have a british accent.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2005, 04:18:03 pm »

Quote from: "aparrish"
Oh, and there's no way Jack White plays a Rickenbacker.  Ray must have grabbed any old guitar sitting around the house.

That's not just any old guitar.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2005, 04:19:31 pm »

This comic didn't do a lot for me but I could see how others could like it.
But Slide Show I would have shot that man in the face.

Maybe thats why this strip doesn't work for me, because I hate people who keep jokes like that up after its funny.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2005, 04:58:05 pm »

As a public service, so everyone can have a good snicker, I will confess that I have never heard of Jack White.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2005, 05:14:43 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
As a public service, so everyone can have a good snicker, I will confess that I have never heard of Jack White.

He's half of the White Stripes. They had a couple popular singles but indie people think they represent all that is crappy and lame.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2005, 05:26:26 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
As a public service, so everyone can have a good snicker, I will confess that I have never heard of Jack White.


Idn't he that skinny little indie rock dweeb who beat up some other skinny little indie rock dweeb a while ago?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2005, 05:27:01 pm »

i'm a big fan of jokes that are funny only because they aren't really all that funny but there's a shared bond between the teller and the tellee that, hey, it's not _really_ funny but we both agree and at least i'm trying so it ends up being funny.

this sometimes makes life difficult.

i found today's strip wonderfullifically awesomatic.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up