Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05  (Read 7755 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bdeth dot com

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 63
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bdeth.com
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2005, 03:04:09 pm »

Yay
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2005, 03:26:32 pm »

As a very young child, I remember discovering with great excitiment that one of my neighbours drove a black Datsun, that he had altered into "Batsun" with Batman decals and everything.  I imagined that Batman drove a truck and lived in my neigbourhood, and remember trying to peer inside the house when trick-or-treating.  At first it was pretty well maintained, but as I grew older, the Batsun began to rust.  I discovered that it belonged to a guy in his late 20's who still lived at home with his parents.  The Batsun continued to rust, and I grew up.  Later, when I hit my teens, the father of the guy who owned the Batsun killed himself in the house in some way that resulted in an explosion and several emergency vehicles arriving on the scene.   I remember gazing at the house where the dad had killed himself and the Batsun sat infront, rusting away.  Disenchantment, defined folks.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2005, 03:46:06 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
I remember gazing at the house where the dad had killed himself and the Batsun sat infront, rusting away.  Disenchantment, defined folks.

The saddest things just keep on coming!
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2005, 03:47:56 pm »

Well I was going to post a car story but after reading that last post I don't think I have the energy.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2005, 04:03:22 pm »

Hey, mods, it is perfectly okay to delete irrelevant posts of any kind, but especially when they are "FIRST POSTS."

I don't get what the excitement about "FIRST POST" is except that the poster gets to name the topic, which V or myself could capriciously rename AT ANY TIME.

Anyway, now Mattgiraffe is in charge of the topic.  Now HE has first post.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2005, 04:37:02 pm »

Quote from: "jough"

which V or myself could capriciously rename AT ANY TIME.


Me too, dang it!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2005, 05:00:03 pm »

Can mods rename threads?

Okay, okay, so which V-Adore, I, or ANY MOD (including August West) could rename at any time!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2005, 07:03:11 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Well I was going to post a car story but after reading that last post I don't think I have the energy.


I thought I'd douse us all in a little melancholy - it's an important part of the Achewood feel after all.

(FYI: I am totally sitting at home writing a play where more horrible things happen to the characters I've created than to the entire cast of Hamlet.  And I just spent the whole morning researching what type of medical treatment one would get if incarcerated in a Western Canadian jail, and also learning all about Kaposi's Sarcoma.)

But please, tell us a car story, as long as there's no suicide involved, it can only make things better.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2005, 07:53:48 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Dammit Smells, these types of postings are the loosest definition of Masturbating in your own Filth I've ever heard.


Next time, try picking the place up a bit before you begin. Eliminate distractions and potential health hazards (needles, plastic bags).

This goes for all of you. Treat your OYO right, fellas.

Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2005, 10:00:28 pm »

Oh, but only if you truly understood how your reponses get me off would you know just how true I am being to my promise.

But now I'm off to the grocery store for sour cream.   Don't think such naughty thoughts, my SO is making tacos for dinner!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2005, 11:02:54 pm »

DON'T TELL THE S.O. WE'RE HERE! WE'LL LEAVE THROUGH THE WINDOW!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2005, 11:44:17 pm »

Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
As for the comic, this speaks to me personally. I've always loved falling off letters ANYWHERE, be them shorted-out storefront lettering, roadside billboards (TACO BELL NEW CR______AP SUPREME, INDOOR HEATED POO_) and cars, like in the strip (__ICK).


PUSH BUTT__
WIPE HANDS UNDER _ARM ___
STOP_ AUTO_AT__ALLY
Logged

JeremyW

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cringecomics.com
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2005, 01:56:18 am »

Quote
I'm pretty much convinced that he only posts so that people will see his sig and maybe go and look at his Crunchy Comics.



Not true.  I'm allowed to have a link in my sig and I already get plenty of visitors to my site thanks.  I come here to discuss Achewood with you uptight people.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2005, 02:05:58 am »

Quote from: "JeremyW"
you uptight people.


And isn't it one of our most endearing characteristics?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2005, 02:19:23 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Anyway, now Mattgiraffe is in charge of the topic.  Now HE has first post.


Thank you kindly, sir. I need to at least make use of this. I may change the title to "OYO" at some point.

evan, do you spend much time staring at air dryers in public restrooms? no offense meant, your stuff was much funnier than mine. The funniest sign blunder I remember actually personally seeing (which is comparatively lame and wasn't even a falling-off-letter-typo) was "Huge Puppy Sale" on a pet shop billboard.

Anyone seen any _SUZ_es out there on the road lately?
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up