Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self  (Read 11011 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« on: July 13, 2005, 06:30:37 am »

All the empty space around the "delete all" button made this one for me. You'd have to be trying to hit that and somehow Philippe did it on accident.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

JeremyW

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cringecomics.com
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 06:40:13 am »

The moral is keep your resident six year old away from the computer or face dire consequences.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 06:57:21 am »

THE ANTIDOTE IS THE ANSWER!
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

Islikemoxie!

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 10:25:35 am »

Thats great!

How do you look someone up without accidentally deleting the most important email in the entire world?

Indeed.

And hi all, be gentle.
Logged
"God dammit Krystle! I needed that pipeline!"

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 11:39:34 am »

You'll never believe this.

Yesterday's first post for first post sake talk gave me a silly idea.  I was going to post todays thread starter yesterday way before the strip ever posted.  Prettty stupid yeah.  I was busy at work yesterday so I never got around to it.  The amazing thing though is I was going to entitle the thread "Abuse Philippe Wednesday."  Had I followed through on my idea i'd be a hero now instead of a goat telling stories nobody believes.

Sigh...

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 11:42:59 am »

Hi Is like moxie.  Nice to see you show up with your avatar in place.  You could take a hint from him Mr. Cheese and JW.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 12:37:44 pm »

Greetings, islikemoxie!. Nice to see you here.

I sorta like this strip, if only because the abuse of Philippe is purely imagined. I think I'm starting to get tired of the other source. Also, Philippe's just total inability to use Mail.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 12:44:15 pm »

I like this not just because of the Phillipe total incompetance but also because I've been in the situation where you must desperately not do something and yet cannot think of how to do anything but that thing.
And its nice Mr. Bear isn't abusing him in person, I don't care for uptight mr bear.

Also its perfectly logical that phillipe would fall for this brand of spam mail.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2005, 12:55:54 pm »

Clearly there's only one thing Philippe can do now. And it involves boiling gravy.
Logged

JeremyW

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cringecomics.com
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2005, 01:05:14 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Hi Is like moxie.  Nice to see you show up with your avatar in place.  You could take a hint from him Mr. Cheese and JW.

~Paul


What are you trying to say?

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
channeling jough here
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2005, 01:10:09 pm »

Oh look, it's a
$GENERIC_PHILLIPE_COMIC!


For those of you that don't know,

$MAIN_CHARACTER
does
$INNOCUOUS_ACTIVITY
involving
[ $HIPHOP_CULTURE || $THE_INTERNET ]
but
[ $MAIN_CHARACTER || $SUPPORTING_CHARACTER ]
misinterprets it as
$VERY_BAD_THING
and faces the
[ $ACTUAL || $IMAGINED ]
wrath of
$SUPPORTING_CHARACTER!


while true; do fprintf(1,"%d","HA HA HA!\n"); done



I like to think that Onstad sees a little bit of himself in all of his characters. Phillipe is retarded.



yes, I am intentionally mixing up my programming/scripting metaphors to isolate which nitpickers would actually give a shit.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2005, 01:27:32 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Hi Is like moxie.  Nice to see you show up with your avatar in place.  You could take a hint from him Mr. Cheese and JW.

~Paul


Agreed, it helps keep you from being forgotten, lost in the mists of time.
However, I wish someone could explain Moxie to me.  I find it to be a pleasant-tasting soda, but the fanatical devotion (my boyfriend took a roadtrip to Moxiefest last weekend) baffles me.  Anyone?

Oh yeah.  The comic was amusing as well.  But soda!  This is the issue!
Logged
goose means greedy

Islikemoxie!

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2005, 01:48:14 pm »

Quote
However, I wish someone could explain Moxie to me. I find it to be a pleasant-tasting soda, but the fanatical devotion (my boyfriend took a roadtrip to Moxiefest last weekend) baffles me. Anyone?


ermn.. well actually I had no idea that there existed a soda with the name Moxie, however, it delights me to know that it is both pleasant-tasting, and that a fest is held in its honour.

hmm... Hey! I want Moxie damn it! Who left me out of this dope?
Logged
"God dammit Krystle! I needed that pipeline!"

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: channeling jough here
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2005, 02:03:27 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
-onstadt's secret recipe


oh no! Bobby posted onstadt's secret recipe!!! now EVERYBODY will start making achewood comic strips!!!!
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
7/13/05- a ROTTEN application of one's self
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2005, 02:06:06 pm »

this is the best comic since the last best comic.

the speech is amazing.  "that was a terrible decision!", how can i not relate to phillipe as a person, how can i not empathize with his character?

do i laugh? surely, for else i would have to cry at the lost innocence.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up