Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Great moments in cinema - 15th July 2005  (Read 7294 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Great moments in cinema - 15th July 2005
« on: July 15, 2005, 07:50:00 am »

I like the dialogue here, it feels like Chris just said "improvise guys" and away they went.
And I much prefer Phillipe as R2 rather than appearing to look like a c*ck with a face.
Thank you.

(Man, did I write enough? Are you...are you going to mod this?)
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Great moments in cinema - 15th July 2005
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 08:10:28 am »

You know, I'm amazed that there are others involved in this little web den who have sleep schedules just as fucked up as mine are.
Yeah, I kind of like how they just took the whole Star Wars thing to the inevitable conclusion. I'm sure at some point, on the way to the Death Star, Chewie farted and it was SO BAD.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Great moments in cinema - 15th July 2005
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 08:17:47 am »

This strip is so much awesome. The dialogue is great, the premise is tremendously funny, Roomba strips rule, and I love the line about grapesicles and two hundred credits.

Hell, the roomba doesn't even drive around in this one, it's just being used as a superimposed prop. How cool is that?
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Great moments in cinema - 15th July 2005
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 08:22:50 am »

Hey Bozack, sorry to burst the bubble but i'm in Merry Olde Englande, where it's 9am and we are all settling into work with a large mug of tea and a scone.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Great moments in cinema - 15th July 2005
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 08:55:06 am »

I'm not, I just have a crappy sleep schedule.
Logged

Islikemoxie!

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
Great moments in cinema - 15th July 2005
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 09:11:04 am »

Those are damn expensive couch covers, for 10 of those you can buy a used landspeeder!

Also, I think "Space Gas" should be used in ALL Science Fiction movies.
Logged
"God dammit Krystle! I needed that pipeline!"

tcc

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Great moments in cinema - 15th July 2005
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 09:32:54 am »

That fuck*ng guy.

Also Philippe sitting there, hand and face dirty, all suprised - SO good SO funny.
Logged
wangtime, mongoose style

V-Adore

  • Guest
Great moments in cinema - 15th July 2005
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2005, 12:49:55 pm »

Inexplicable use of color = excellent. Yes.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Great moments in cinema - 15th July 2005
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2005, 01:57:29 pm »

Onstad is SUCH a hack.

EVERYONE knows that R2 eats CHERRY-flavored popsicles. I mean, Jesus.
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Great moments in cinema - 15th July 2005
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2005, 02:02:34 pm »

I like that Teodor is talking (yelling?) through the old-type cone megaphone for no readily apparent reason.

I also like that Phillipe, though seemingly not participating, is addressed as R2 and immediately responds.  His look is one of pricelessness.

Those fuck*ng guys.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

V-Adore

  • Guest
Great moments in cinema - 15th July 2005
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2005, 02:11:52 pm »

Quote from: "acoxcae"

I also like that Phillipe, though seemingly not participating, is addressed as R2 and immediately responds.  His look is one of pricelessness.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Teodor put him up to it. "Hey, why don't you have a grapesicle? Yeah, over here, on the couch. It's for our movie."
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Great moments in cinema - 15th July 2005
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2005, 02:48:25 pm »

Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Onstad is SUCH a hack.

EVERYONE knows that R2 eats CHERRY-flavored popsicles. I mean, Jesus.


Settle down, Bobby.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Great moments in cinema - 15th July 2005
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2005, 03:20:26 pm »

Shouldn't those be like Alderian Mega-Almonds or something? What are the odds that they have almonds just like on Earth? It totally kills my suspension of disbelief.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Great moments in cinema - 15th July 2005
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2005, 03:50:56 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Onstad is SUCH a hack.

EVERYONE knows that R2 eats CHERRY-flavored popsicles. I mean, Jesus.


Settle down, Bobby.


Settled.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Great moments in cinema - 15th July 2005
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2005, 03:58:38 pm »

I knew I should've just read Garfield today - at least I would have heard something snarky involving a dog or lasagne.

Also, is the reason the Roomba ad a separate panel today because they're now a paying sponsor of Achewood, or because Onstad needed to fill an extra panel because he was just utterly devoid of any ideas for an additional panel?

Seriously, I know there are those here who would call Onstad a genius if he got a case of the hiccoughs, but could one of you who thought this was either "good" or "funny" explain why?  There's nothing here, people. NOTHING.

MONDAY: The Grass Grows at Achewood Court
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up