Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05  (Read 6502 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« on: July 18, 2005, 07:56:21 pm »

Beef's expression is so messed up in the last panel. I think this might even be worse for his mental health than the Volvo of Despair. I would find bus passes online to be funny of DC didn't actually offer them. Buy your 0.2oz SmarTrip card online for only $5 shipping!

Yes, I'm aware there was a much better thread title but I didn't want to ruin the punch line since this posted so late in the day.
Logged

Suckin_Dick

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 56
    • View Profile
I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 07:59:18 pm »

y'know i was kinda dissapointed.  maybe i'm just in a bad mood.  it's 3 in the afternoon and i just woke up, what're you gonna do?
Logged
suckin dick bought this van.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Random Stream-of-Consciousness About Strip
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 08:03:40 pm »

Being a Bio dork, I am particularly bemused by the fact that one poster's mother appears to have a fatal enzyme. (Hint to technobabble writer wannabes out there: the "-ase" suffix has a very specific meaning, and it is not "disease.") The punchline is sort of vague -- is Beef just getting depressed at the problems, or what? I almost feel like this strip should have two more panels.

On the plus side, the shading is nice.
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 08:03:54 pm »

-- Yeah, I tried shooting them, but it didn't take - what now?

Why do I think that Pat could take over as moderator/head bitcher of this website?
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 08:05:06 pm »

I hope Beef's idea basically enhances his self-esteem from two ways: Seeing other people's troubles always helps to put your own in perspective, PLUS Beef's basically getting paid to see other people's troubles so he gets richer and he can afford things like cool knives without having to worry so much about the costs.

He can look at his new knife and think "I own this because an old lady thought she was maybe too old to ride the bus."

But then he'd get all guilty with his conscience because he's getting cool stuff from other people's circumstances and that's not right, so he'd bury the knife or mail it to the old lady with the bus problem.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 08:18:58 pm »

turbo ninija- excellent analysis.

my thoughts on this comic: thank god for achewood.  thank you onstadt.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 08:29:53 pm »

I like thinking that all ~250 million posts were written by, like, only five or six people (e.g. the psoriasis guy also suggests shooting the barking dogs, etc).

I-Got-Problems Dot Com is probably Chris Onstad's nickname for this message board. "Someone was telling lies about my t-shirts over at I-Got-Problems Dot Com," he might say to his wife while chopping up vegetables for a salad. "They spent around two hundred posts making guesses as to my morning bathroom rituals. And V-Dore still wants Mega Hugzz on me."
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 08:34:33 pm »

I think it's funnier without the analysis.  It's the fact that he post a website where people can complain and it gets a quarter of a million hits in one night.  Damn that's a lot of complaining.  Or maybe it's the fact that Beef somehow feels complelled to read everybit of it, a totally impossible task.  And yes, reading 239,000 complaints would totally sap the life out of you.  This strip is solid gold.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2005, 08:48:36 pm »

I came within one click of registering i-got-problems.com, but came to my senses.  My impulse domain registrations from last year are about to expire, and I never did anything with those either.

For any of you with more followthrough than I, there is money to be made, and the domain is in fact available.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2005, 09:15:54 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I-Got-Problems Dot Com is probably Chris Onstad's nickname for this message board. "Someone was telling lies about my t-shirts over at I-Got-Problems Dot Com," he might say to his wife while chopping up vegetables for a salad. "They spent around two hundred posts making guesses as to my morning bathroom rituals. And V-Dore still wants Mega Hugzz on me."

I hate to start thinking like this, because it edges us closer and closer to the TOUAMB disappearing up its own ass, but I can totally see this.

Admit it, Chris. You're pining over those Mega Hugzz that you will never get. Maybe it'd be different if you'd sold me a Sanryobuki t-shirt that wasn't total crap.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Random Stream-of-Consciousness About Strip
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005, 11:38:55 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
blah blah bio speak


Reminds me of a conversation I had wherein I was mentioning a Thai friend of the family named Norlisa. "Norlisa?" someone asked. "Yeah, it's Lisa with an extra methyl group sticking out of her head." Dur-hyuk!

As for the strip itself: Beef, and I wager, Onstad, has reinvented Craigslist rants and raves. Except without the vitriol that makes it so funny. We have hoses hooked up to every one of jough's orifices to distill that kind of vitriol for Craiglist.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2005, 11:47:19 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Beef's expression is so messed up in the last panel. I think this might even be worse for his mental health than the Volvo of Despair. I would find bus passes online to be funny of DC didn't actually offer them. Buy your 0.2oz SmarTrip card online for only $5 shipping!

Yes, I'm aware there was a much better thread title but I didn't want to ruin the punch line since this posted so late in the day.


SmarTrips are the most idiotic thing ever. Thankfully they may be bought at the station. I was worried you would HAVE to buy them ahead of time.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2005, 12:12:19 am »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Beef's expression is so messed up in the last panel. I think this might even be worse for his mental health than the Volvo of Despair. I would find bus passes online to be funny of DC didn't actually offer them. Buy your 0.2oz SmarTrip card online for only $5 shipping!

Yes, I'm aware there was a much better thread title but I didn't want to ruin the punch line since this posted so late in the day.

SmarTrips are the most idiotic thing ever. Thankfully they may be bought at the station. I was worried you would HAVE to buy them ahead of time.

I like them in principle as you don't need to waste a new piece of paper for each trip but they're freaking impossible to find. They sell them via machine at stations with parking lots (which I haven't been to in years) and at Commuter Stores which are only open at rush hour (when I'm on 66).
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2005, 12:15:30 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Beef's expression is so messed up in the last panel. I think this might even be worse for his mental health than the Volvo of Despair. I would find bus passes online to be funny of DC didn't actually offer them. Buy your 0.2oz SmarTrip card online for only $5 shipping!

Yes, I'm aware there was a much better thread title but I didn't want to ruin the punch line since this posted so late in the day.

SmarTrips are the most idiotic thing ever. Thankfully they may be bought at the station. I was worried you would HAVE to buy them ahead of time.

I like them in principle as you don't need to waste a new piece of paper for each trip but they're freaking impossible to find. They sell them via machine at stations with parking lots (which I haven't been to in years) and at Commuter Stores which are only open at rush hour (when I'm on 66).


Precipitating a possible topic split, dude you have NO excuse. You are like three stops from WFC.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2005, 12:34:10 am »

Other fun things noticed on a second viewing:

* First reply is always: Try what I did. Only $10k up front.
* "Fuck*ng". Someone doesn't quite grasp the concept of obfuscating the obscenity.
* The HR tags aren't XHTML 1.0/Strict compliant.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up