Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05  (Read 6494 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2005, 02:33:27 am »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Other fun things noticed on a second viewing:

* First reply is always: Try what I did. Only $10k up front.

Until the last: Try what I did. Call animal control... (That made me chuckle, in fact.)
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
* "Fuck*ng". Someone doesn't quite grasp the concept of obfuscating the obscenity.

Good catch - I didn't see it.
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
* The HR tags aren't XHTML 1.0/Strict compliant.

I don't think Chris knows the difference.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stream-of-Consciousness About Strip
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2005, 04:56:17 am »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
blah blah bio speak


Reminds me of a conversation I had wherein I was mentioning a Thai friend of the family named Norlisa. "Norlisa?" someone asked. "Yeah, it's Lisa with an extra methyl group sticking out of her head." Dur-hyuk!


Glavin!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2005, 06:15:57 am »

I went to a Therapist today to talk about all of my God Damned Problems. At the wrap-up at the end of the session, he was talking and said, "You got depression."
And I ALMOST said "But that don't stop the show!"
I liked this.
Find out more, here! Click here, now.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2005, 01:05:55 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I went to a Therapist today to talk about all of my God Damned Problems. At the wrap-up at the end of the session, he was talking and said, "You got depression."
And I ALMOST said "But that don't stop the show!"
I liked this.
Find out more, here! Click here, now.

I would've asked him to specify if I had "hella depression" or just regular.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2005, 02:39:11 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Beef's expression is so messed up in the last panel. I think this might even be worse for his mental health than the Volvo of Despair. I would find bus passes online to be funny of DC didn't actually offer them. Buy your 0.2oz SmarTrip card online for only $5 shipping!

Yes, I'm aware there was a much better thread title but I didn't want to ruin the punch line since this posted so late in the day.

SmarTrips are the most idiotic thing ever. Thankfully they may be bought at the station. I was worried you would HAVE to buy them ahead of time.

I like them in principle as you don't need to waste a new piece of paper for each trip but they're freaking impossible to find. They sell them via machine at stations with parking lots (which I haven't been to in years) and at Commuter Stores which are only open at rush hour (when I'm on 66).


Mine broke, and I sent it in, but they haven't sent me a new one yet.  Bastards!  

They are good in principle, but you have to have one to pay for parking at the outer stations, and that fact is lost on a lot of people.  One night after a Nationals game, we were waiting in line to get out, and the car in front of us got up to the gate, and sat there... and sat there.  "Oh no," I thought.  Then he put on his back-up lights.  MORON!  But before it got out of hand, a guy in the car behind me jumped out, swiped his card, and yelled "GO!"  I guess it was worth $3.75 for him to not have to back up for that idiot.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2005, 04:07:51 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
They are good in principle, but you have to have one to pay for parking at the outer stations, and that fact is lost on a lot of people.  One night after a Nationals game, we were waiting in line to get out, and the car in front of us got up to the gate, and sat there... and sat there.  "Oh no," I thought.  Then he put on his back-up lights.  MORON!  But before it got out of hand, a guy in the car behind me jumped out, swiped his card, and yelled "GO!"  I guess it was worth $3.75 for him to not have to back up for that idiot.

Somebody else was telling basically the exact same story in Dr. Gridlock yesterday except the car at the gate didn't realize somebody had swiped their card for him and still sat there, missing the gate.

Also, people approaching the toll plaza at rte 28: If you don't know what Easy Pass/Smart Tag is then you obviously don't have it so move the fuck out of the Smart Tag Only lane.
Logged

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2005, 09:14:59 pm »

Am I pathetic? Yes.
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2005, 09:23:15 pm »

Ok, so in this particular context, pathetic == awesome.

Honestly, I thought about doing this when I first saw the strip, but decided I didn't have the time/money/dignity to waste, so I didn't.

Just kidding, of course - seriously awesome.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2005, 09:45:12 pm »

Heh. Well done, indeed.
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2005, 10:16:18 pm »

Now, I know it's not in the source material, but I feel like an RSS feed is pretty much mandatory here.

Y'know, to hear about problems LIVE!
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

V-Adore

  • Guest
I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2005, 11:00:48 pm »

This is terrifyingly rad. Terrifyingly, terrifyingly rad.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2005, 11:35:05 pm »

Oh man, not only does it contain the text from the strip, but people can add their own problems.

Awesome. Awesome.

Once the new SaddestThing.com site is set up I'm totally linking to this.

editor

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 41
    • View Profile
I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2005, 11:50:12 pm »

That just made my day.
Logged
Congratulations, you broke the Internet.  Good job.


Don't you hate #####?

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2005, 11:52:49 pm »

Oh good, people have already started to try to exploit it. Fortunatly I'm not a dumbass so putting PHP into the problem field does absolutely nothing. Not that it would have done anything anyway since the syntax was bad...

BTW, I didn't implement the whole (more) functionality because if I did I would have to write more about riding the bus at eleven thirty etc, and I didn't really think I could do it justice.
Logged

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
I-Got-Problems.com - Jul 18, 05
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2005, 10:35:00 pm »

This is almost unbelievably excellent.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up