Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Poll

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.

Godel
- 5 (50%)
Escher
- 4 (40%)
Bach
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: July 18, 2005, 11:41:32 pm


Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Brickskeller DC Achecon August  (Read 14677 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2005, 01:27:30 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Did we establish a time and I missed it?


8PM Saturday, August 20, 2005. I would prefer to reserve a table downstairs rather than just everyone cram at the bar in case people want to get pierogies or something.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2005, 01:28:26 pm »

I knew the date but somehow missed the 8pm part. I'll have to get back to you later today.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2005, 01:30:37 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I knew the date but somehow missed the 8pm part. I'll have to get back to you later today.


Anyone with enough spare time to look up references in the archives of a comic strip so efficiently that his BBS handle has been used as a synonym for that activity has enough time to bring people to AcheCon 2005 (TM) at 8pm on a Saturday.

IT IS THE LAW.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2005, 05:34:34 pm »

So the question has become are you more afraid of not showing up to meet Bobby or are you more afraid of meeting Bobby?


The choice is yours
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2005, 06:17:01 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
So the question has become are you more afraid of not showing up to meet Bobby or are you more afraid of meeting Bobby?


The choice is yours


Irrespective of who shows up, God damn it, I am going to have my beer.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2005, 07:48:27 pm »

I'm in but my SO has a birthday party she must attend.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2005, 07:50:39 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I'm in but my SO has a birthday party she must attend.


Thanks - will make the reservation for the big room then.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2005, 08:02:56 pm »

Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2005, 08:15:59 pm »

Have one for me, too. The only one of y'all I've managed to meet is Choop, which was awesome, and sure-as-shit I'd be there if I could.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2005, 09:46:22 pm »

OK, how do we find each other? I have met Cort, but I've only seen Bobby in pictures and would probably be afraid to approach him in person even if I'm sure it's him.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2005, 01:04:01 pm »

I'll be fashionably late.  Have to help put Lizzie del Vaca to bed and will then schlep into town.  Should be there NLT 10 PM, so don't wuss out on me and ditch early.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2005, 03:49:43 pm »

10 PM is almost past my bedtime, even though I don't work on Sunday anymore, but I will try my best.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2005, 06:48:11 pm »

Aw, geez.  I wish I could make it.  Have fun, though, without us.  Post photos.  

As for a southeastern roundup, I'm 6 hours from Atlanta -- but with grad school now underway, free time presents serious issues.  So plan what you will, and we'll see what we can do.  

Speaking of Grad School, one of my professors is really cute and I made an ass of myself on the first day of class.  So, things are running pretty much on par.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2005, 09:09:49 pm »

sniff.  wish I could be there. sniff.

anyway, drink lots of beer all.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2005, 04:50:04 pm »

Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up