Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Poll

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.

Godel
- 5 (50%)
Escher
- 4 (40%)
Bach
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: July 18, 2005, 11:41:32 pm


Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Brickskeller DC Achecon August  (Read 14674 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2005, 04:26:43 pm »

Sorry I missed it.  Instead, I threw a half-birthday cookout for my baby, who is now officially six months old.  

Here's me shoveling ice cream cake into his mouth, over Pedro's objections.  Mom of the Year, right there.  To go with Carlos' nomination for Dad of the Year for letting his 2 year old drink coffee.  :)

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2005, 07:08:07 pm »

You both look cute and happy.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2005, 07:44:56 pm »

The best part was that wombat had been gone for the better part of 2 hours before the waitress came over and asked if she'd, you know, left some money or something.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2005, 08:05:05 pm »

Wombat ate and ran?  Gasp!

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2005, 08:45:23 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Wombat ate and ran?  Gasp!


it says "Eats shoots and leaves."

... What?

Oh.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2005, 09:19:45 pm »

Choop looks damned respectable. New haircut? Makes you look thinner!

Glad y'all  had a good time.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2005, 10:17:23 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Wombat ate and ran?  Gasp!


I don't think so, but maybe I better go ask the spouse...
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2005, 10:37:44 pm »

Man, if I'd known Quincy Quadrilateral was buying, I may have taken the trip.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2005, 10:45:39 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Man, if I'd known Quincy Quadrilateral was buying, I may have taken the trip.


You were there in spirit. It went something like:

WOMBAT: He's not that big of an asshole in person.
CHOOP: Really?
ME: I don't believe it.
WOMBAT: No. He' s surprisingly ... well-adjusted.
ME: You're kidding. No way.
CHOOP: I need a smoke.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Cute.
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2005, 10:53:10 pm »

Jamie, there is only so much cute in the world, it's unfair of you to use so much of it.  The prices are going to start going up.  Pearce isn't so cute, but he is mighty handsome.

And all of you who had such a good time meeting up.  I'm just jealous because all of my local acheheads are scared to meet me.  I want to see more pictures.  C'mon people I heard a number.  Eighteen in attendance?  Yes, that's what I heard.  Yet there are a paltry 6 folks in Wombat's pictures.  Let's see the rest.  Also, who is holding the knife?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Cute.
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2005, 11:00:46 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Jamie, there is only so much cute in the world, it's unfair of you to use so much of it.  The prices are going to start going up.  Pearce isn't so cute, but he is mighty handsome.

And all of you who had such a good time meeting up.  I'm just jealous because all of my local acheheads are scared to meet me.  I want to see more pictures.  C'mon people I heard a number.  Eighteen in attendance?  Yes, that's what I heard.  Yet there are a paltry 6 folks in Wombat's pictures.  Let's see the rest.  Also, who is holding the knife?

~Paul


There were no pictures taken of the remainder. THEY ONLY LIVE ON IN STORY AND SONG AND "HAN SHOT FIRST" T-SHIRTS.

Remember my avatar? It's funny to see him dejected, shorn of his locks and given a blunt table knife.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2005, 01:09:30 am »

Paul, I grovel in shame before your photographic might.  In my utter lameness, those really are all the pictures I took.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2005, 01:25:57 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
Paul, I grovel in shame before your photographic might.  In my utter lameness, those really are all the pictures I took.


There appears to be a rule that the number of pictures taken is inversely correlated to the amount of time my SO is there. Forces conspire to make her appear imaginary.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2005, 01:56:56 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "jough"
Wombat ate and ran?  Gasp!

I don't think so, but maybe I better go ask the spouse...

You left your money on the table. The waitress just didn't realize that A) you had left or B) money was on the table.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2005, 04:39:54 am »

Actually, she ran your credit card, and you signed the slip and left. She didn't see the slip until I went back to the table (on our way out) and grabbed it for her. You're all good, karma-wise, at least from that.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up