Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Fame Brush (or Brushes with Fame)  (Read 2788 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
The Fame Brush (or Brushes with Fame)
« on: July 23, 2005, 12:50:33 am »

Just down the street in my cozy little ghetto (SW Atlanta, seriously, it's the ghetto), a movie is being filmed. The title isn't Jellybean anymore, but a new one is not yet decided on.

The missus and I were chilling on the couch when a dude on a nice bike rolls up our driveway and rings the doorbell. Oscar (the dog) beats us to the door, but just barely. He's looking for an extra for the film: an extra of the canine persuasion. Before he told us they were paying we were up for it.

So we threw on his leash and walked him down the street, and they set up a bunch of trash bags and a couple cans and hid sliced turkey in the pile. His job was to run up to the pile, dig through, and take off after a minute or so. The third take was perfect.

PIX!





[Who's fat? Me. (I am.)]

How close have you come to being famous?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The Fame Brush (or Brushes with Fame)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 01:26:09 am »

I was on national TV once.  Or twice, actually.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
The Fame Brush (or Brushes with Fame)
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 01:44:49 am »

We're so jealous.  I don't want to be in a movie, but I am sure my dog does.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The Fame Brush (or Brushes with Fame)
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 02:08:25 am »

Cool looking dog, also.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
The Fame Brush (or Brushes with Fame)
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 03:49:57 am »

Much thanks. I posted a thread about him when we adopted him. He's a pit bull (mix?), almost 2 years old.

I don't think he'll be getting an agent or any calls or anything, but he had fun. And turkey. He might never have previously had turkey. Now he won't eat hot dogs when playing fetch. He might be ruined on them. If that's the case, at least it's turkey, and not, say, shoes.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
The Fame Brush (or Brushes with Fame)
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 09:56:42 am »

That's a rad thing to happen to a dog (edit: filming, not hot dog ruination). When I worked at Scitrek, I got to greet Big Boi when his child came to a birthday there. This was 2 years or so ago. He called ME dog! It rocked more than a little.
Logged
I am older now.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Fame Brush (or Brushes with Fame)
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2005, 04:56:27 pm »

I had to Google Big Boi.  According to Wikipedia:

Quote
He also goes by the aliases "Daddy Fat Sacks", "Lucious Left Foot", "Billy Ocean", and "Francis the Savannah Chitlin' Pimp".


Man, I have Billy Ocean's Greatest Hits.  Love "Carribean Queen."  I had no idea he was rapping now.

Also, I was on CNN's "Crossfire" once on a show about publishing on the internet.  Crossfire was a good name for that show- it was a total ambush.  They lied to me about the actual topic of the show, and then lambasted me with accusations that internet publishing wasn't "real" publishing and how the internet would ruin journalism.  This was in 1999, before "blog" was a word that you'd hear in public and before bloggers were trumping "real" journalists for stories.

fuck*ng liberal media agendas!

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
The Fame Brush (or Brushes with Fame)
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2005, 05:27:51 pm »

So did you dig on Jon Stewart's appearance, berating both Tucker Carlson and Paul Begala? It certainly didn't surprise me when Carlson left. His new show on MSNBC is, as I've heard, only half as bad as Crossfire - still not good, but not *quite* as evil.

I bumped into him on the street in Alexandria when I was up there visiting friends. He was not on TV, just walking down the street, and still wearing the friggin' bowtie. Dude needs to learn how to keep his public and private lives separate.

I'll admit it. I scoffed at him. Scoffed!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
The Fame Brush (or Brushes with Fame)
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2005, 06:01:34 pm »

Jon Stewart's appearance on CrossFire was what restored my faith in America.

Your dog is amazing, from rags to riches.

i once poured coffee for C. Everret Koop, Surgeon General.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The Fame Brush (or Brushes with Fame)
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2005, 06:20:33 pm »

I was in a Nickelodeon commercial. It was for that game show they had called Guts. I just happened to be at Universal Studios.

I was also working (against my will) at a Lamest War Ever reenactment (1st  Bull Run, I believe) and Comedy Central was there filming for some reason. But I don't think I was actually on camera.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
The Fame Brush (or Brushes with Fame)
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2005, 10:11:18 am »

Quote from: "arkabee"

i once poured coffee for C. Everret Koop, Surgeon General.


Poop, poop-y doop.

or,

why the Simpsons has ruined my brain, reason 347.

I'm sorry I had to, just had to.  
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up