Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back from Minnesota  (Read 2078 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Back from Minnesota
« on: July 24, 2005, 09:56:18 pm »

Just got home from my trip to Minnesota.  I figured Franny and Zooey would win the poll for book of the month so I got a copy to read during the flight.  I wasn't expecting to be stranded in Cinncinati for 6 hours though so i've actually finished reading it.  I got a good way through it a second time on the trip home too so i'm ready to talk.


But that's not why i'm posting right here and now.  While dining with a bunch of my friends on the patio at Herkimers these two strolled past.

They are Todd (L) and Rom.  I've invited them to join us here on the message board.  I hope they do cos then I can say i've actually met one a ya's.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Back from Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 10:34:21 pm »

That is quite a paintjob!

Still not seen anyone wearing Achewood gear, but then in a town this small...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Back from Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 03:51:15 am »

Quote from: "slink"
Still not seen anyone wearing Achewood gear, but then in a town this small...


...in a town this small, you turn the corner, you see a girl that you have never seen before.  She is beautiful.  Where did she come from?  Who is she?  And... Oh my god, is that a home-made Sani-Taco t-shirt she's wearing?  Cue the choir, cue the harps.  

Anyway, paul, those two boys are absolutely charming.  Do they both read Achewood, or only the Ache-clad one?  Also, is that their vehicle?

I've yet to see anyone in the gear either, but I anticipate the moment as a magical fate and music sort of thing.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Back from Minnesota
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 04:55:20 am »

On my first day at college, I walked by an Asian girl wearing a "Dance Like There's Ass in Your #####" t-shirt, which I complimented her on. She sort of grimaced and ran off. Then, a few days later, I saw her wearing a Melt-Banana t-shirt, and I said, hey, Melt-Banana, alright, assuming that she didn't speak English (like a good portion of Asian students at my school) but would understand that I was saying that Melt-Banana was alright.
As it turns out, the girl was totally fluent in English, but really shy, and thought I was complimenting her on her ass the first time. Oh, how we laughed. We hung out a lot and she gave me a Captain Beefheart cd. But she refused invitations to join. I'll invite her again tonight.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Back from Minnesota
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 05:04:38 am »

Jesus Fuck[size=0] [/size]ing Christ people
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Back from Minnesota
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 05:14:48 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Jesus Fuck[size=0] [/size]ing Christ people

Looking at this next to your title of "Pat" made me laugh. I sort of expected you to go off on a rant about barbers.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Back from Minnesota
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 02:17:01 pm »

That beautiful car belongs to my beautiful friend Bonnie.


And yes, they are both fans of the comic.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Back from Minnesota
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2005, 02:36:22 pm »

The... the car is a fan of the comic?

Oh, and welcome back, Paul.  I didn't know you had gone anywhere, just that you weren't posting as much recently.  Seriously, you should give us updates in case something happens.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Back from Minnesota
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2005, 03:02:53 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
The... the car is a fan of the comic?

Oh, no, sorry, I was referring to the two boys.  Sideshow asked if they were both fans and yes, yes they are.  As for Bonnie and the car, Bonnie's not a fan and the car (colorwhirled if you must know) thinks it's aiiight.

Quote from: "jough"

Oh, and welcome back, Paul.  I didn't know you had gone anywhere, just that you weren't posting as much recently.  Seriously, you should give us updates in case something happens.

Well I was only gone three days.  I mentioned it Here.  Thanks for your concern though.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up