Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 7-25-05- that kid.  (Read 6601 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
7-25-05- that kid.
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2005, 01:08:31 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
this is what phillipe uses to cruise for tail


Jesus ***** ##### Christ, where did you *find* that? You are totally right and yet I hate you because that is going to be in my head for days, I can't believe I listened to the whole thing.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
7-25-05- that kid.
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2005, 01:13:01 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I want to have a cross pissing on Calvin while he's praying sticker. That would rock.
Yeah, the best part about this one is Calvins face. And that it brings up the insanity of the whole Calvin pissing THING. I, umm...I like it.

I want to meet the person with enough guts to have a Calvin pissing on a cross sticker on their car. It would be like those "you lost, get over it" stickers with the X'ed out conferderate flag. I've known several people who owned them but none had the testicular fortitude to put them on their cars.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
7-25-05- that kid.
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2005, 02:02:56 pm »

We talked about this before.  I had been thinking (before the Calvin praying variant arrived) of what the inevitable Christian variation (there's always a Christian variation) on the Calvin pissing on a Chevy/Ford/Whatever.  I thought the perfect variation would be to replace Calvin with Jesus and replace Ford/Chevy/Whatever with "SIN".  Someone on this board (I can't remember who now) thought it was such a good idea they actually created it and offered it for sale on cafepress.  I bought one and gave it to my friend Kirk who drives the Jesus Monkey car.  Sadly he never put the sticker on his car.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

MSC

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
    • View Profile
7-25-05- that kid.
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2005, 02:09:14 pm »

Quote from: "cellardoor"
Hee, good strip.
I'm kinda shocked Phillipe has one of Calvin peeing but then that's kinda neutralised by the washing of the hands.


Note also that Calvin is peeing into the toilet, where pee belongs.  Phillipe knows what it's all about.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
7-25-05- that kid.
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2005, 02:22:08 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
I thought the perfect variation would be to replace Calvin with Jesus and replace Ford/Chevy/Whatever with "SIN".


I have seen this on the road (without the Calvin / Jesus substitution) at least once. There were other Bibley decals on the car, just to clear things up.

Quote from: "cellardoor"
In the UK very few people know of Calvin and Hobbes


You have got to be fu[size=0] [/size]cking kidding me. Hell, C&H re-runs ran in The West Australian (and for all I know, still are) right alongside Ginger Meggs.

Oh, and while I'm on the subject of British periodicals - your crosswords are insane. What the hell, people.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
7-25-05- that kid.
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2005, 02:31:41 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Thanks to this comic and thread, I can picture two things:

1) Jough reading through Calvin and Hobbes archives, pausing to note that Bill Watterson needs to stop making comics already because he's losing his edge.


That's the thing - Waterson never lost his edge.  But when he thought he was, when he got sick of the crap he had to go through to make C&H, you know what he did?  He stopped doing it.

He also refused to make merchandise for Calvin & Hobbes.  All of those Calvin pissing on ANYTHING stickers are bootlegs.

The man was an artist.  

Onstad?  Well, I'll let YOU be the judge.

Quote

2) This as the bass-laden tune blasting from Phillipe's speakers: this is what phillipe uses to cruise for tail


That sounds right, but soooooooo wrong.

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
7-25-05- that kid.
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2005, 03:03:18 pm »

Replace "In the UK very few people know of Calvin and Hobbes" with "I know very few people in the UK".
Yay!
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
7-25-05- that kid.
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2005, 03:12:02 pm »

Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
What drives a person to desire an image of a 6 year old urinating on the back of their vehicle? Can't they just get a bumper sticker with a witty slogan?


Or save their money until they can afford a Big Johnson t-shirt?
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
7-25-05- that kid.
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2005, 03:17:15 pm »

Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
What drives a person to desire an image of a 6 year old urinating on the back of their vehicle? Can't they just get a bumper sticker with a witty slogan?


Or save their money until they can afford a Big Johnson t-shirt?


Christ, do they even still make those shirts? I was always amazed that they even existed, really - they were insanely popular when I was in high school, which meant that I was, quite literally, surrounded by people who made the following decision:

"Big Johnson Police Department: Spread 'Em! Or I'll Shoot My Load" is a message I would like to send all day long

Sometimes, I would try to imagine the "buy me this, Mom" conversation that led to actually owning one of those ridiculous goddamned things.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
7-25-05- that kid.
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2005, 03:53:57 pm »

Quote from: "Doc"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
this is what phillipe uses to cruise for tail


Jesus ##### ****** Christ, where did you *find* that? You are totally right and yet I hate you because that is going to be in my head for days, I can't believe I listened to the whole thing.


In typical no-way-to-really-describe-how-it-happened fashion, it came out of the following dialogue:

ME: "Yeah, I speak Dutch."
OTHER PERSON: "Really?"
ME: "Yeah, I had a concussion once."
Logged

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
7-25-05- that kid.
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2005, 04:05:56 pm »

I'm on the edge of my seat in anticipation!  What new car-decoration-related humor will Onstad treat us to next?

I'm hoping for something about spinning rims.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
7-25-05- that kid.
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2005, 04:14:18 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Christ, do they even still make those shirts?


Yes, apparently they do.

Coed Naked too.

...as well as No Fear

It's like the 90's never ended.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
7-25-05- that kid.
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2005, 04:17:56 pm »

It makes me happy inside that Mosimo, once the official badge of coolness, is now pretty much only available at Target. Take that Middle School fashions! Also, what happened to Stussi?

For some reason my school banned Big Johnson but not Coed Naked or those shirts with various objects having sex in 15 different positions all over the shirt. The one with the VW Beetles was especially popular.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
7-25-05- that kid.
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2005, 04:25:18 pm »

Quote from: "Mantonio"

It's like the 90's never ended.

It might be a little bit too soon, but you could be on the vanguard and be the first to start wearing this gear ironically.  Or hopefully, that will never happen.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
7-25-05- that kid.
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2005, 04:37:30 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
It makes me happy inside that Mosimo, once the official badge of coolness, is now pretty much only available at Target. Take that Middle School fashions! Also, what happened to Stussi?


No idea, but I do remember a lot of said Middle School Fashions using / abusing umlauts, e.g. Stüssy, and I'm pretty sure that there was actually a Mossimo knock-off with a slightly different spelling and, you guessed it, an umlaut.

No Fear actually got a fuckin' pinball game. I'm pretty sure that flaming skull of theirs spurred you on to great heights of imaginary extreme sports risk-taking.

I'm pretty sure that if I ever see someone wearing a Hypercolor t-shirt and Z. Cavaricci p[size=0] [/size]ants in this day and age, ironically or otherwise, I will become unstuck in time like Billy Pilgrim and the last precious threads of my temporal bandwidth / sanity will just go bye-bye.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up