Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7-25-05- that kid.  (Read 6595 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
7-25-05- that kid.
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2005, 04:43:07 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "Mantonio"

It's like the 90's never ended.

It might be a little bit too soon, but you could be on the vanguard and be the first to start wearing this gear ironically.  Or hopefully, that will never happen.

~Paul


I don't have the guts to do that. I think wearing a Hulkamaniac or A-Team t-shirt would be pushing it.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
7-25-05- that kid.
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2005, 05:08:28 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

2) This as the bass-laden tune blasting from Phillipe's speakers: this is what phillipe uses to cruise for tail


That song reminds me a lot of this album. It's a childrens album by Nena. I have a copy. It is fuck*ng INSANE.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
7-25-05- that kid.
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2005, 05:15:06 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

2) This as the bass-laden tune blasting from Phillipe's speakers: this is what phillipe uses to cruise for tail


That song reminds me a lot of this album. It's a childrens album by Nena. I have a copy. It is fuck*ng INSANE.



From the Amazon reviews, the translations of the titles would make a very good set of dialogue lines for the next German edition of Achewood.


- Freunde! ( Friends )
- Wir wollen nicht nur Schokolade. ( We Do Not Want Just Chocolate )
- Badespass! ( Fun in Bathing/Bath Fun )
- Ein Andenken? ( A Keepsake/Memento )
- Ich tanz' allein! ( I Dance Alone )
- Ein Gespenst... ( A Ghost/Specter )
- Der traurige Baer. ( The Sad Bear )
- Wir entspannen uns! ( We Relax Ourselves )
- Zwei Schmetterlinge auf einer Sommerwiese, ( Two Butterflies on a Summer Meadow )- - Maedchen vom Land! ( A Girl/Maiden from the Countryside )
- Wir haben 'ne Band!!! ( We Have a Band )
- Zum Abschied???( For Departure/Farewell )
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
7-25-05- that kid.
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2005, 05:37:22 pm »

Thank you for my new sig.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
7-25-05- that kid.
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2005, 06:36:48 pm »

Is this the same Nena that did that 99 Lead Balloons song, or whatever it might have been?

I know I could look it up, but that would be...wrong.
Logged

DevinCybrus

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
7-25-05- that kid.
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2005, 07:18:27 pm »

Phillippe turns an inane statement of rebellion into an inane tutorial on how to use the potty.

I liked it.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
7-25-05- that kid.
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2005, 08:00:56 pm »

Quote from: "Null"
that 99 Lead Balloons song


You have a gift. Don't waste it.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
7-25-05- that kid.
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2005, 08:10:24 pm »

Quote from: "DevinCybrus"
Phillippe turns an inane statement of rebellion into an inane tutorial on how to use the potty.


Yes, yes, yes.  This is the comment I am never concise or eloquent enough to make.

Thread winner.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
7-25-05- that kid.
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2005, 11:04:30 am »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

ME: "Yeah, I speak Dutch."
OTHER PERSON: "Really?"
ME: "Yeah, I had a concussion once."


Oh. Well thats perfectly reasonable then.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up