Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: V For Vendetta- WTF?  (Read 7336 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
V For Vendetta- WTF?
« on: July 25, 2005, 05:16:06 am »

Has anyone here read "V For Vendetta"? It's a really, really amazing graphic novel penned by Alan Moore, who wrote "From Hell," "Watchmen," and "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen." The League movie sucked on giant donkey balls, and so when I heard that there was going to be a V movie, I wept. When I heard that those Matrix fuckers were somehow involved, I gouged my own eyes out. But then the trailer came out...and it....looks....GOOD?
Check it.
If you've read the book, you'll probably be amazed at how...accurate the movie seems. That is, that V isn't an unkillable ***** skatboarding chimp or some shit. Could this be another good comic book movie?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
V For Vendetta- WTF?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 05:25:35 am »

Yeah, well, I'm in the same boat, to an extent - A Scanner Darkly is my favorite PKD novel, and yet the trailer I've seen has actually left me optimistic.

I've read V a few times and, frankly, I don't think that the Wach(?). Bros. would intentionally do a bad job - they clearly love comics, seeing how blatantly they ripped off The Invisibles - but I would be surprised to see the series done justice, esp. since the protagonist(s) is / are terrorists and everything isn't wrapped up in neat black-and-white highly explosive smirkily sexy packages.

You'll be happy to know that a Watchmen movie has been proposed, greenlighted, and cancelled more times than Isaac Brock has said "it won't hurt, it's just like taking a big dump". I remember being like fuck[size=0] [/size]ing twelve years old and reading bits of a rumored leaked screenplay on fuck[size=0] [/size]ing Prodigy. Yeah, that Prodigy.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
V For Vendetta- WTF?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 05:26:38 am »

Also:



PUT THIS IN YOUR METAPHOR HOLE
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
V For Vendetta- WTF?
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 05:49:22 am »

The whole Watchmen thing just went through another cycle like last month, right?
All I want is a fuck*ng Rorschact action figure. JESUS.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
V For Vendetta- WTF?
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 06:19:28 am »

Watchmen is currently canned. Again. Shame, too, I heard they had a very good screenplay and a director who really understood and cared about the material. Oh well.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
V For Vendetta- WTF?
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 06:51:45 am »

I've never read the comic, but that trailer left me utterly nonplussed.

I'm still waiting for a Sandman film - written by Neil Gaiman (otherwise there's no point).

Well, hopefully the success of Sin City will have Hollywood clamouring to make ridiculously faithful comic adaptations.  

Speaking of, I hope Rodriguez and Miller do a Dark Night Returns movie.  That would be awesome.  Think Mickey Rourke as Batman.  Scarlett Johansson as Robin.  John Malkovich as The Joker.  Sharon Stone as Catwoman.  Gary Oldman as Jim Gordon (he was great in Batman Begins).  And Branon Routh seems to be a good Superman.

Oh, how about Vin Diesel as the leader of the mutants?

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
V For Vendetta- WTF?
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 07:39:00 am »

The Watchmen screenplay was written by Hayter - voice for Solid Snake. He's the one, apparently, responsible for the X-Men screenplay too.

I too saw that it was the Wachowski's doing it and began to cry, but, with any luck it won't be the steaming pile of shit that the second two Matrixs (feel wrong not saying matrices, though in writing it looks more like mattresses) turned out to be.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
V For Vendetta- WTF?
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2005, 01:18:40 pm »

I'm aware of V but that's about it. I was a Marvel kid growing up. Which reminds me that I'm hearing lots of scary rumors about X-Men 3.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
V For Vendetta- WTF?
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2005, 02:52:49 pm »

The X-Men franchise is dead.  Singer is working on the new Superman which looks, well, super.  (you can watch them make it via documentaries on their web site).

I guess the only way they could have made a poorer choice for helming the new X-Men film would be to have Michael Bay direct it.   Shirts are for pussies.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
V For Vendetta- WTF?
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2005, 03:03:36 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
The X-Men franchise is dead.


I've not heard this...  Just last week Hugh Jackman was doing some publicity for The Fountain and he teased X3.  (Mentioned here.)

I heard that Kelsey Grammer was signed on to play Beast.  Has the project fallen apart?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
V For Vendetta- WTF?
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2005, 04:09:36 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
Quote from: "jough"
The X-Men franchise is dead.

I've not heard this...  Just last week Hugh Jackman was doing some publicity for The Fountain and he teased X3.  (Mentioned here.)

I heard that Kelsey Grammer was signed on to play Beast.  Has the project fallen apart?

Jough meant it's dead to him. They are making X3 but with a new director who has a different vision. One of the first announcements was that the new guy (I forget his name) is bringing in a female mutant whose power is seduction.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
V For Vendetta- WTF?
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2005, 04:44:09 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Jough meant it's dead to him. They are making X3 but with a new director who has a different vision. One of the first announcements was that the new guy (I forget his name) is bringing in a female mutant whose power is seduction.


IMDB doesn't list a director, but the writing team behind X-Men 3 has, previously, brought us films like Inspector Gadget, Elektra, and xXx: State of the Union, so hey! Those were all... movies!

Also, apparently they are making a Spy Hunter movie. With The Rock. I don't know what to think about this.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
V For Vendetta- WTF?
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2005, 04:58:03 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
IMDB doesn't list a director, but the writing team behind X-Men 3 has, previously, brought us films like Inspector Gadget, Elektra, and xXx: State of the Union, so hey! Those were all... movies!


This is what I don't understand. How do these people keep getting WORK? I would assume that there are enough wannabe screenwriters that when you work on Elektra, and the movie turns out to be...ELEKTRA, for fucks sake, that you go back to waiting tables, because you suck. Why would people put these assclowns at the head of an amazing and profitable franchise?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
V For Vendetta- WTF?
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2005, 05:13:35 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
IMDB doesn't list a director, but the writing team behind X-Men 3 has, previously, brought us films like Inspector Gadget, Elektra, and xXx: State of the Union, so hey! Those were all... movies!


This is what I don't understand. How do these people keep getting WORK? I would assume that there are enough wannabe screenwriters that when you work on Elektra, and the movie turns out to be...ELEKTRA, for fucks sake, that you go back to waiting tables, because you suck. Why would people put these assclowns at the head of an amazing and profitable franchise?

They give good head.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
V For Vendetta- WTF?
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2005, 05:15:17 pm »

Joss Whedon was talked to about making X-3. It would have been by far the best of the three were that the case, but they have a release date already so...
His run of Astonishing X-men was awesome! Looking forward to more. I can't remember who was now on to make 3, but it didn't sound promising. I still haven't seen 2 mind, and I wasn't exactly blown away by the first. It was good, just not anything special.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up