Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soda-tastic! (split from Achewood)  (Read 8233 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Soda-tastic! (split from Achewood)
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2005, 03:14:09 pm »

I've always heard it as "knee high to a grasshopper."

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Soda-tastic! (split from Achewood)
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2005, 03:18:59 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
I've always heard it as "knee high to a grasshopper."


I guess we proud Texans killed off all our Injuns before the Idiom Squad rolled through.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Soda-tastic! (split from Achewood)
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2005, 03:47:40 pm »

Hey Jough:  Do Frank's sodas still exist up your way?  I used to love me some Frank's cream soda, and whenever my mom went to Philly I'd have her pick me up a case.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Soda-tastic! (split from Achewood)
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2005, 04:08:20 pm »

No, I was about to post something about the legend of Franks (best damn Orange soda EVER) and their "Black Cherry Wishniak".

Now, as far as anyone around here knows, Wishniak is a word made up by Franks to make their black cherry soda more exotic.  It was an awesome soda, though, and far superior to any on the market.

Now Stewarts, of root beer fame, is making Frank's old Black Cherry Wishniak.  It is divine.

However, when Franks went out of business people around here fuck*ng HOARDED the stuff, and you can actually still buy some from various Philly food vendors:

http://www.phillypretzels.com/home.html

Of course, keep in mind that Franks went out of business in 1996 or 97, so freshness is not likely.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Soda-tastic! (split from Achewood)
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2005, 04:13:49 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I like 7-Up except out of a can it tastes kind of like celery.

?!

I'm serious. Drink some 7-Up from a can and tell me there's not a vague celery taste.
Logged

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
Soda-tastic! (split from Achewood)
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2005, 04:22:51 pm »

You're all going to get tooth decay and die, every one of you!  Also diabetes.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Soda-tastic! (split from Achewood)
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2005, 04:30:16 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
However, when Franks went out of business people around here fuck*ng HOARDED the stuff, and you can actually still buy some from various Philly food vendors:

http://www.phillypretzels.com/home.html


EIGHTY BUCKS for a couple of sandwiches and sodas.

Christ, I might as well just fly myself to Philly with a big bag of dry ice.

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I'm serious. Drink some 7-Up from a can and tell me there's not a vague celery taste.


I know you were serious. That's why I brought out the exclamation point.

I guess, then, that 7-Up would be good with peanut butter and raisins.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up