Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Redhanded - 26/07/05  (Read 14014 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Redhanded - 26/07/05
« on: July 26, 2005, 08:34:34 am »

Beef still has that thing for corpulent women I see, bless him.
I had to google osteopo...ostpe...that word that Molly says. It seems to be a brittle bone disease. I beseech the other forum users to explain this punchline as I can't determine what about Beef's face would make Molly say that.

Reminds me of Seinfeld and the cleavage issues. Cleavage = The Sun.
You don't stare, you take a glance, get an idea then look away.
Ah, the gentle art of letching.
Logged

toddster

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
Redhanded - 26/07/05
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 08:47:59 am »

Osteoporosis is more common in women, and can sometimes result in a hunched or bent-over appearance, sort of like the contortions Beef made to turn back at Molly and scowl.

Dug this one. The alt text is the sweet cherry on top.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Redhanded - 26/07/05
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 08:48:19 am »

I've always been on Molly's side.  In the past her alleged bitchiness always seemed to me more like frustration over the fact that she was dating a very difficult dude.  But in this case she is being a total bitch no question about it.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Redhanded - 26/07/05
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 09:29:20 am »

Ah, thanks Todd.
Achewood. It's all about the learnin'.

Ps - first person to question why the female cat has human ta-tas will receive a prize.
Logged

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Redhanded - 26/07/05
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 09:54:37 am »

Well, this one was hilarious. Beef's delayed reaction time, Molly's reaction to Beef's reaction, etc.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Redhanded - 26/07/05
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 11:17:52 am »

cellar_door: Am I allowed to wonder why they don't have six human ta-tas?
I'll give an extra prize to whoever gives an obvious answer along the lines of 'Onstad's a furry'.

As for the strip I am enjoying Beef's attempt at the scorn expression, I get the impression he watches too much day time tv shows that involve sassy black women. This is definitely the funniest strip in a while, as in laughing, I've been enjoying the kind of general character development but its nice to have some straight out laughs.

Beef's corpulent women thing becomes even more interesting when you consider Molly is decidedly anti-corpulent, I swear she's becoming less and less corpulent as time goes on.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Redhanded - 26/07/05
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 11:27:32 am »

This ruled. Flowed beautifully and whatnot, and Beef's expression of shock and disgust was perfect. And indeed, great alt-text.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Redhanded - 26/07/05
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 12:01:09 pm »

Six boobs would be pretty tough to draw, as well as being near impossible to make appealing.
Er, when I say appealling I mean appealing to Beef, not to me.
I don't find cartoon cats attractive.
Nope, no sir, not me.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Redhanded - 26/07/05
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 01:52:08 pm »

Eh, I get the feeling that Molly wouldn't push this too far unless Beef continues to be bizarre about it. The attempt at the scornful face is pretty good, though. (And yes, men can do it, sadly enough.)

This is definitely one of the most enjoyable strips in a while, especially since we haven't seen much Molly lately. Also, the alt text just wins at everything.
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Redhanded - 26/07/05
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 02:10:21 pm »

I LOVE that Molly's first response to "that thing you ladies do" is osteoporosis, as though when stereotyping women the first thing anyone would say is, "You know, women!  The ones with the osteoporosis!"

Classic.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
Redhanded - 26/07/05
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 02:24:14 pm »

Man, I hate osteoporosis.  It is because of osteoporosis that I can't buy yogurt without feeling like a dick.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Redhanded - 26/07/05
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 02:36:59 pm »

Hey, this one was actually funny and good!

WTF?

Also, I work at home, so I can j/o any time I want.  Any time.

Yeah, women are the ones with osteoporosis!

Also, women will often pretend that they do not understand what you are doing when you mock them.  It seems to be a natural born defence mechanism.

editor

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 41
    • View Profile
Redhanded - 26/07/05
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 03:09:13 pm »

"marriage proposal definitely too strong of a diversion"

This made me laugh because I have been there, Beef, I have been there and I know why you said this.
Logged
Congratulations, you broke the Internet.  Good job.


Don't you hate #####?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Redhanded - 26/07/05
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 03:26:07 pm »

in regard to furries, I once worked with a very creepy girl who was a griffie - that is someone who is erotically fixated on pretending to be a griffen, and who enjoys the company of others who also enjoy pretending to be griffens.  very strange.  she was strange.  home schooled.  lacking in the ability to interact.  strange.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Redhanded - 26/07/05
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2005, 03:38:49 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
home schooled.  lacking in the ability to interact.  strange.


You don't say?

Jesus. Fuckin' homeschoolers. If they were homeschooling because, say, they honestly thought that they could do a better job, fine, whatever. But the Fact is - and I have worked extensively with these people and have read their goddamned books and magazines in the same way you've (admit it) always wanted to touch a compound fracture - they homeschool because they want to protect their Precious Little Children from Other Ideas.

One homeschooled kid I worked with - a shelver - had neither the education nor the social grace to realize that you don't say "the South should have won the Civil War" in front of a black woman. BLAH BLAH BUT STATES' RIGHTS WHAM THUD DRIBBLE

So the funny part is that when ideas do slip through - like, say, mysterious and unfettered access to (I shit you not) motherfuck*ng Dragon Ball Z reruns, these weird little mutants embrace the hell out of them, all the while desperately trying to make the new stuff mix in with the hard-coded brainwashing. The combination is a taste sensation. I can only imagine what these kids are sexually imprinting upon at / around puberty.

The homeschooling trend / cultural epidemic / whatever is America's sad little plastic Easter egg with a little plastic trainwreck inside. You think we've got an impending crisis on our hands when the current generation of autistics grows up and takes the reins? Oh ho ho.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up