Thank you Onstad for opening the portal to the gaping maw of the internet.
To be honest, I really thought that the employee I referred to was part of a very small group of people, so I'm really disturbed.
Honestly, if it gets you off, your partner is willing, and it doesn't kill anyone, have at it. But if your life is so off kilter that you somehow think it's apropriate to tell me (your boss) that you are actually infact a griffen, in a serious and unjoking tone, then you are way, way off the map, as far as I'm concerned. She had actually revealed this belief to me when I confronted her about the fact she was wearing inapropriate attire - the regular appearance of a T-shirt with a picture of some dragons on it. (which she corrected me, were not dragons, but some other creatures) It's an art gallery, we hosted two to three weddings a week. In this situation, you don't wear a t-shirt, no matter what's on it. And her defense is that she's actually a griffen? WTF, People?
She was an all round failure as an employee, she refused to learn the cash register until I forced her to, she followed gallery visitors around less than a foot behind them, butting into their conversations and otherwise annoying people, and her mother would arrive to pick her up over an hour before her shift ended and try to force me to let her leave early. The manager of the gallery refused to fire her, because she was hired under some government program, and we couldn't replace her, and would lose a large amount of funding. Since it was a summer job, all the manager (who was at the gallerey for an hour a week tops) would agree to was that she would not be rehired the following year.
It shortly came to light to one of the other employees that the "friends" she regularly referred to were also not people, but other griffens, giant birds, dragons, etc. I always wondered if these were all figments of her imagination, or other human partici##### in this strange world. I really wanted to belive that her friends were all made up, but from what I've seen here, I'm starting to believe that they actually could have been real people. I'm not sure if this is more, or less disturbing.