Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05  (Read 5513 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
« on: July 29, 2005, 09:18:32 am »

Great writing here.
T's acerbic wit is....too real.
The funny is imagining what Ray's half of the conversation is, along with throw away detail like the light coming on.
I guess Chris is learning valuable lessons from parenthood about responsibility as he's now finishing storylines!
Logged

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 10:27:47 am »

Yeah, I do like the completely useless incidental bit with Teodor flicking the light switch on.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 11:08:24 am »

Circus c*ck is a dick.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Islikemoxie!

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 11:33:24 am »

HELP! - I think i need to see that kaftan wearing male-person again, im starting to think about whether i could pull it of again..!

Well, look at T, he looks great!!

And also, why is it, that all calls about something involving electricity are tranferred to the IT-department??? I generally know nothing about anything, the people here at work should know that.

Have a nice weekend.
Logged
"God dammit Krystle! I needed that pipeline!"

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 12:23:34 pm »

Man I am so pissed off at Circus c*ck.  I've met his kind.

Fucker!

Also, the one sided conversation.  I saw a special on Bob Newhart last week.  Onstad must have seen the same show.

Brilliant strip.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Re: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 12:48:03 pm »

Quote from: "cellardoor"
I guess Chris is learning valuable lessons from parenthood about responsibility as he's now finishing storylines!


Do you suppose that when baby is a little older he'll tell bedtime stories and just stop in the middle?

"So then Goldilocks laid down in Baby Bear's bed and said 'This bed is just right.' and she went to sleep. The end."
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 01:00:33 pm »

I like how the baby is wearing pajamas with dogs winning prizes.  I can't imagine a nicer set of clothes with a more positive message.

But then again, I can't imagine anything.
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2005, 01:04:17 pm »

Heh, I wonder how you'd go about telling your kid about your adult-orientated web comic? Maybe slowly phasing out the typical fairy story characters and replacing them with Achewood's?
I can smell a spin-off!
The "Phone conversation" comedy technique can also be seen in Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry David is a master of it.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2005, 01:54:17 pm »

I feel for T here, because I know how it feels for people to excitedly commission you to do things for them and suddenly and quietly retract, leaving you with a completely useless item/piece of artwork/concept that you spent too much time on to simply throw away.

Ray does this to him all the time.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 03:24:45 pm »

Huh. I would've guessed that the main symbol of our time somehow involved computer porn. Or portable electronics.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2005, 06:10:04 pm »

I shouldn't be surprised that the C.P. arc sort of... petered out.
Logged

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2005, 06:12:56 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I shouldn't be surprised that the C.P. arc sort of... petered out.


Yes, but I think we all understood the thrust of the story.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2005, 06:32:49 pm »

It was a hard decision to pull out of the story arc early.  Onstad really pulled that one off.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2005, 06:37:56 pm »

Jough, are we to assume from your participation in this hmph, lowest form of humor, that punning is now OK on the TOUAMB?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2005, 06:38:16 pm »

$GENERIC_COITUS_DOUBLE_ENTENDRE
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up