Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Crap your opinion back into your skull - Aug 1, 2005  (Read 6501 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Crap your opinion back into your skull - Aug 1, 2005
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2005, 09:08:37 pm »

Quote from: "doomglobe"
I laughed loudly in my cubicle today. been a while since that has happened.


I hate laughing out loud in my cubicle - it tells my cube-neighbors one of two things - one, I might be insane, laughing out loud for no reason, or two, I'm clearly not doing any work if I'm laughing so hard.

This happened to me last week at Spamusement as I read their archives.  Every now and then, I would start laughing nearly to the point of convulsions, until I started covering my mouth habitually - by the end of the day, I was just spouting mysterious, vaguely rude noises every few minutes, and I think my coworkers were generally concerned for my well-being.  Wish it that I worked with people I liked, I'd send them the link.  Oh well.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Crap your opinion back into your skull - Aug 1, 2005
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2005, 09:47:08 pm »

Quote from: "acoxcae"
This happened to me last week at Spamusement as I read their archives.  Every now and then, I would start laughing nearly to the point of convulsions, until I started covering my mouth habitually - by the end of the day, I was just spouting mysterious, vaguely rude noises every few minutes, and I think my coworkers were generally concerned for my well-being.  Wish it that I worked with people I liked, I'd send them the link.  Oh well.

I discovered that site a few months ago (via Lore?) and it is damned entertaining.
Logged

6tm

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
Crap your opinion back into your skull - Aug 1, 2005
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2005, 10:00:11 pm »

The cat with facial hair has compared himself to Picasso to make a point; the cat in glasses proceeds to take a dump on Picasso.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Crap your opinion back into your skull - Aug 1, 2005
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2005, 11:21:54 pm »

Quote from: "6tm"
The cat with facial hair has compared himself to Picasso to make a point; the cat in glasses proceeds to take a dump on Picasso.


Thanks for straightening this all out for us.

Well, this strip was funny.  It's a little over-the-top even for Pat, but whatever.  It made me laugh.  Maybe Onstad's getting back into the groove.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Crap your opinion back into your skull - Aug 1, 2005
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2005, 11:26:01 pm »

Quote from: "acoxcae"

This happened to me last week at Spamusement as I read their archives.


Evidently Pat reads Spamusement too:

http://spamusement.com/index.php/comics/view/233

V-Adore

  • Guest
Crap your opinion back into your skull - Aug 1, 2005
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2005, 12:23:56 am »

I enjoyed this strip quite a bit. I don't have much more to say about it, as I'm tired, but I enjoyed it.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Crap your opinion back into your skull - Aug 1, 2005
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2005, 08:41:33 am »

Thank you for the birthday gift Mr. Onstad.  I needed it because I spent it over 6000 miles away from my girlfriend.  Plus I got kicked in the balls while I was very drunk.

So thank you.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Crap your opinion back into your skull - Aug 1, 2005
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2005, 12:24:11 pm »

I never have anything worthwhile to say about strips like these, but I like them and they are funny.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Crap your opinion back into your skull - Aug 1, 2005
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2005, 12:25:38 pm »

I too think a great Pat strip would be one where he is murdered painfully.  It looks here as if Nice Pete is about ready to comply.

He would of course go straight to Hell, where the riddle in the Friendly's menu would be something so offensive (personally) that he would not DEIGN to answer it.  He would thus remain in Hell for a long time.

Of course, after some while, Satan would think, This guy is a major sink-hole.  He is making Hell bad.  So Satan would sent Pat back to Earth...through an open sewer.  He would emerge in the midst of a couple of hundred photographers (digital and 35mm) and he would spend a few futile weeks trying to recover the negatives.  He would not be able to get any of them, though.

He would finally retire to a broken down mansion (in the center of a cemetary) where, on clear moonless nights, he could be heard shouting BAH at the top of his lungs.

I would get a framed copy of that strip.
Logged

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
Crap your opinion back into your skull - Aug 1, 2005
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2005, 01:32:38 pm »

Quote
... after some while, Satan would think, This guy is a major sink-hole. He is making Hell bad.


Nah, I think Satan would be more likely to think that Pat was an upstanding guy.  He'd quickly get to work on implementing all of Pat's suggested reforms.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Crap your opinion back into your skull - Aug 1, 2005
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2005, 02:13:54 am »

I laughed about this strip all day. Pat thinks Picasso's work is crap, the world considers him a great artist. Clearly, the world is wrong. You can't BUY that kind of pretension.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Crap your opinion back into your skull - Aug 1, 2005
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2005, 03:31:46 am »

Quote from: "Golfhaus"
I laughed about this strip all day. Pat thinks Picasso's work is crap, the world considers him a great artist. Clearly, the world is wrong. You can't BUY that kind of pretension.


Ha, and the best thing is, Pat doesn't even MENTION that the world is wrong. He just assumes that Nice Pete also thinks Picasso is a charlatan.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Crap your opinion back into your skull - Aug 1, 2005
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2005, 03:47:40 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
I laughed about this strip all day. Pat thinks Picasso's work is crap, the world considers him a great artist. Clearly, the world is wrong. You can't BUY that kind of pretension.


Ha, and the best thing is, Pat doesn't even MENTION that the world is wrong. He just assumes that Nice Pete also thinks Picasso is a charlatan.

I thought Jackson Pollock was a charlatan until I saw one of his works in person.  It's like seeing the grand canyon, a photograph can not do it justice.  It must be seen to be believed.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

revdj

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 102
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dougshaw.com
Crap your opinion back into your skull - Aug 1, 2005
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2005, 04:26:36 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"

I thought Jackson Pollock was a charlatan until I saw one of his works in person.  It's like seeing the grand canyon, a photograph can not do it justice.  It must be seen to be believed.

~Paul


It's funny you say that!  I always thought the same thing about "Whistler's Mother" - I never got why people called it a great painting.  Then I saw it in person and was like, OH!
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Crap your opinion back into your skull - Aug 1, 2005
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2005, 04:46:36 pm »

I felt that way about Frances McDormand.  She seemed kinda homey (albeit not homely) in Fargo and other Coen Bros. films, but she's a total babe in person.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up