Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67   Go Down

Author Topic: Baby updates - ongoing  (Read 205375 times)

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #960 on: September 19, 2007, 05:41:00 am »

Current kid status, 9/18
MFK giraffeer suggested cutting a piece of toast in the shape of a star; this has proven irresistible to even the fussiest child.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #961 on: September 19, 2007, 01:13:10 pm »

I just want to note that I never even check for toddler updates on Achewood.  I just read 'em here when I see the thread has a new post... so thanks for keeping up with this y'all.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #962 on: September 21, 2007, 06:57:13 am »

My mother has found that merely telling my nephew that we will eat his food is enough for him to want it more. No actual eating of said food is neccessary.

Speaking of which, I frequently call my little nephew Little Nephew. This provides me with endless amounts of amusement. My sister (the boy's mother) is not familiar with Achewood, so she doesn't get why I giggle everytime I say it.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #963 on: September 21, 2007, 01:18:18 pm »

Speaking of which, I frequently call my little nephew Little Nephew. This provides me with endless amounts of amusement. My sister (the boy's mother) is not familiar with Achewood, so she doesn't get why I giggle everytime I say it.

If he starts talking in l33tspeak-ebonics, and wearing tiny ##### on each leg, it's all your fault.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #964 on: September 21, 2007, 03:33:37 pm »

I've found what proves irresistible to a fussy child is eating his motherfuck*ng toast yourself. Instant desire, have a backup ready.

Ditto Womabat.

This doesn't work with my kid most of the time.  (It has worked exactly once, with toast, in fact.  But it had to be accompanied by sound effects.)  But if he sees us eating food off his tray that he doesn't want, he pushes the rest of it over towards the chow thief -- as if to say, "Be my guest, I ain't eatin' that crap." 

He thought it was funny when I started sucking raisins off the kitchen table like a dustbuster, but he still won't eat raisins. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #965 on: September 21, 2007, 10:30:00 pm »

I had recently heard of "Toy Timeouts" where you have a basket that toys go to until the following weekend if the kid doesn't keep them picked up.  Unfortunately, my daughter turned it around on me last night.  She was ready to get out of the tub and I asked her to pick up her bath toys first.  She said, "No, that's OK.  You can put them on toy timeout."  Effectively, she was paying me to pick up her toys.  I went ahead and did it, just to show that I would, but it wasn't really the effect I was looking for.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #966 on: September 21, 2007, 10:48:14 pm »

A lady-friend of my past (as opposed to a ladyfriend of my past) once collected all of her sons' toys in garbage bags and had plans to throw them out due to long-term neglect on the keeping-the-house-neat front. I had her almost convinced to give them to me to sell on eBay, with the profits going toward our purchase of booze. The toys included various Game Boys, etc., so it would have gotten us at least a couple handles of something good. I was very disappointed to find out that she had, in fact, given the toys back.

Looking back at this, I'm not quite sure how I feel about the lengths to which I tried to make this happen.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #967 on: September 22, 2007, 12:18:55 am »

I had recently heard of "Toy Timeouts" where you have a basket that toys go to until the following weekend if the kid doesn't keep them picked up.  Unfortunately, my daughter turned it around on me last night.  She was ready to get out of the tub and I asked her to pick up her bath toys first.  She said, "No, that's OK.  You can put them on toy timeout."  Effectively, she was paying me to pick up her toys.  I went ahead and did it, just to show that I would, but it wasn't really the effect I was looking for.

Smart girl you got there!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #968 on: September 22, 2007, 01:32:06 am »

A perfect example of DUE TO PUNISHMENT missed out on.

I had almost forgotten that this was the actual origin of that phrase.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #969 on: September 22, 2007, 03:51:59 am »

Quote
I had recently heard of "Toy Timeouts" where you have a basket that toys go to until the following weekend if the kid doesn't keep them picked up.  Unfortunately, my daughter turned it around on me last night.  She was ready to get out of the tub and I asked her to pick up her bath toys first.  She said, "No, that's OK.  You can put them on toy timeout."  Effectively, she was paying me to pick up her toys.  I went ahead and did it, just to show that I would, but it wasn't really the effect I was looking for.

my mom used to do this. That was like... the idea of my toys... gone for a whole week...
that was like the Hell of Toys. It made me so upset.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #970 on: September 24, 2007, 12:45:40 pm »

Current kid status, 9/23
You know how women can’t squat or kneel in modern jeans without a certain cleft showing? Welcome to the preschool ice cream social.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #971 on: September 24, 2007, 02:25:13 pm »

I had recently heard of "Toy Timeouts" where you have a basket that toys go to until the following weekend if the kid doesn't keep them picked up.  Unfortunately, my daughter turned it around on me last night.  She was ready to get out of the tub and I asked her to pick up her bath toys first.  She said, "No, that's OK.  You can put them on toy timeout."  Effectively, she was paying me to pick up her toys.  I went ahead and did it, just to show that I would, but it wasn't really the effect I was looking for.

ZING! We've run into this too.  "Put my toys in timeout, I don't give a shit.  I ain't pickin' up CRAP."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #972 on: September 24, 2007, 03:26:11 pm »

Current kid status, 9/23
You know how women can’t squat or kneel in modern jeans without a certain cleft showing? Welcome to the preschool ice cream social.
This is one of the reasons I get up in the morning.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Lt. Geyser Shitdick

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -13
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #973 on: September 30, 2007, 07:45:59 pm »

I don't get it.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #974 on: September 30, 2007, 11:40:33 pm »

I don't get it.

Who is at preschool functions?

Young mothers with small children.

What are they apt to do while there?

Bend, crouch or stoop over whilst interacting with their pre-schooler.

What's the result?

Very delectable plumber-itis.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67   Go Up