Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67]   Go Down

Author Topic: Baby updates - ongoing  (Read 205284 times)

0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #990 on: November 27, 2007, 02:27:13 pm »

Being the market mastermind that he is, he will wait until he's exhausted the sales potential of the baby update book, then have another child and start again.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #991 on: November 28, 2007, 02:30:14 am »

I feel like Stad The Younger is turning 18 and moving off to college. But really, she's still a toddler. Maybe she's still moving off to college? Her dad's a Stanford man, so she's got to be pretty smart, too.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #992 on: November 28, 2007, 08:42:11 am »

Hmmm... I remember figuring out the Stanford thing a while ago.  Where is that bit of information actually mentioned?  You know in case I have to cite it and all.

I'm a little curious about the choice of ending the baby / kid / toddler updates now.  Chris, you're right around the corner from having real conversations with the wee beastie.  Having a serious conversation with a five year old is like getting high for the first time again.  Enjoy it.  Savor it.  It's only a few years after that when all they understand is gossip and the gross consumer bullshit that gets fed to them.

I guess I'm bitter.  I have this cousin who is so wonderful and smart.  But around 8 or 9 she stopped being able to speak in sentences that didn't contain the names of other children or those of licensed products.  The modern incarnation of the Disney channel is quite evil.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #993 on: November 28, 2007, 02:31:07 pm »

Well, maybe the time that she can start having real conversations is exactly when she needs to have some privacy and not have someone else posting her words on the Internet. Or maybe it's just doesn't work as well for him Artistically as putting his own words to the blank canvas that is the pre-talking kid. 

Anyway, we can't fight it. Farewell, baby updates.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #994 on: November 28, 2007, 04:41:19 pm »

Hmmm... I remember figuring out the Stanford thing a while ago.  Where is that bit of information actually mentioned?  You know in case I have to cite it and all.

I'm a little curious about the choice of ending the baby / kid / toddler updates now.  Chris, you're right around the corner from having real conversations with the wee beastie.  Having a serious conversation with a five year old is like getting high for the first time again.  Enjoy it.  Savor it.  It's only a few years after that when all they understand is gossip and the gross consumer bullshit that gets fed to them.

I guess I'm bitter.  I have this cousin who is so wonderful and smart.  But around 8 or 9 she stopped being able to speak in sentences that didn't contain the names of other children or those of licensed products.  The modern incarnation of the Disney channel is quite evil.

I don't know if it's ever been brought up in his blog, but it's been mentioned several times in Onstad's various interviews.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #995 on: November 28, 2007, 06:04:58 pm »

Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #996 on: December 03, 2007, 07:57:25 am »

Maybe he realized he was turning into James Lileks.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #997 on: December 11, 2007, 05:22:35 am »

http://chappie.stanford.edu/archives/1996-1997/power/interview_with_a_vagrant/

Shit.  This really lowers my opinion of the guy.  Oh well, he draws funny comics.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #998 on: December 11, 2007, 05:29:51 am »

http://chappie.stanford.edu/archives/1996-1997/power/interview_with_a_vagrant/

Shit.  This really lowers my opinion of the guy.  Oh well, he draws funny comics.
Idont know what exactly to make of that. I feel like it is so much that he must be putting us on like "this is the kind of stuff the stanford would ask, and this is what homeless people, as real humans, would answer." Basically I just dont think it is real. Onstad has a soul like the rest of us.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #999 on: December 11, 2007, 06:19:03 am »

I....
it's hilarious.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #1000 on: December 12, 2007, 02:51:07 am »

I don't think he actually conducted such an interview, except maybe in his imagination.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #1001 on: December 12, 2007, 02:51:45 am »

I don't think he actually conducted such an interview, except maybe in his imagination.

Exactly.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67]   Go Up