Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 67   Go Down

Author Topic: Baby updates - ongoing  (Read 205919 times)

0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #345 on: April 18, 2006, 08:01:37 pm »

But did he lose any cans in this transaction?  He's creating currency here.  This can't be good for the economy of this place.
Logged
~

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #346 on: April 18, 2006, 08:06:47 pm »

But did he lose any cans in this transaction?  He's creating currency here.  This can't be good for the economy of this place.

Is tiny can stagflation right around the corner?
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #347 on: April 18, 2006, 08:09:12 pm »

Is tiny can stagflation right around the corner?

GASP!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #348 on: April 18, 2006, 08:31:38 pm »

This canflation is eroding the middle can class, and ensuring that more and more of us will come from "circumstances".

This is, of course, except wombat, who is the new King Canchacho.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #349 on: April 18, 2006, 09:25:41 pm »

Easy come, easy go.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #350 on: April 18, 2006, 09:29:09 pm »

Is Jough the only one who can increase can amounts at will? Because I've seen his cans go up by hundreds all of a sudden.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #351 on: April 18, 2006, 09:31:51 pm »

Yep.


Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #352 on: April 18, 2006, 09:36:36 pm »

I love what you noticing that implies-- that you consistently monitor people's can counts. and remember them from day to day.

although, I guess going up by 100 at once is pretty noticeable.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #353 on: April 18, 2006, 09:38:34 pm »

When you spend all your waking life on this board you pick up certain abilities.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #354 on: April 18, 2006, 11:20:22 pm »

I thought that with over 29,000 cans, I would finally be Cured.  That the number would put me outside the whole can economy. That I could rest on my laurels. I would no longer think about it.  I was so relieved.

Right. It turns out that I can perfectly well tell the difference between the numbers 29,112 and 29,113. And 29,114.  And 29,115...
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #355 on: April 19, 2006, 12:01:01 am »

"Cured" should be a new torture method, where one is forced to listen to massive amounts of The Cure.

*Edited to fix grammar.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 01:01:02 am by lprkn »
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #356 on: April 19, 2006, 12:24:46 am »

I don't actually raise mine or anyone else's can amounts, I just change what happens when someone adds or removes cans from them.

There was a user here (yeah, I'm looking at you, jerkoff) who would remove at least 8-10 cans PER DAY from me and a couple of other people.  This means that they came back to the board once an hour and removed cans from the people they didn't like.  This is what their life has come to.

Anyway, in three minutes I wrote a script that looked at who was deleting or adding cans from whom, and then when this individual removed one of mine or someone else's cans the script would add some arbitrary number (I think it adds 20 to Paul, 17 to me, 4 to wombat, etc.).

I may reverse that array some day so everyone gets different amounts.

Anyway, cans are pretty arbitrary, but it's still a WTF moment when you see some piece of shit cocksucking faggot take away cans from someone for seemingly no good reason.

I don't care, because I can always just give myself a billion cans and be done with it.  But think of wombat, people.  She needs those cans.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #357 on: April 19, 2006, 03:34:09 am »

+2700

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #358 on: April 19, 2006, 01:11:21 pm »

There was a user here (yeah, I'm looking at you, jerkoff) who would remove at least 8-10 cans PER DAY from me and a couple of other people.  This means that they came back to the board once an hour and removed cans from the people they didn't like.  This is what their life has come to.

Wow, those are some serious issues.  And was this person a cannibal?  Because, really, that would explain a lot.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #359 on: April 19, 2006, 08:25:31 pm »

Wow, those are some serious issues.  And was this person a cannibal?  Because, really, that would explain a lot.

Wasn't me and I still haven't eaten Sarah yet.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 67   Go Up