Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 67   Go Down

Author Topic: Baby updates - ongoing  (Read 205959 times)

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #465 on: June 26, 2006, 06:11:51 pm »

That's worth celebrating. Send you your address via PM and I'll send you some Hawaiian swag for your little human.

#3 is due in 17 days! W00t!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #466 on: June 28, 2006, 01:33:56 am »

Current toddler status, 6/26: She played at her sand-and-water table while I hit ripe plums with a nine-iron. A good day.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #467 on: June 28, 2006, 04:13:20 am »

David Letterman throws baseballs at an archery target in his backyard, and Onstad hits plums with a golf club.  Coincidence?

Also, what in blazes is a "sand-and-water table"?  I mean, besides the obvious ("a table with sand and water!").

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #468 on: June 28, 2006, 06:06:30 am »

Also, what in blazes is a "sand-and-water table"?  I mean, besides the obvious ("a table with sand and water!").

If I remember my very early childhood right, a sand-and-water table is sort of an indoor sandbox -- basically, a box on legs containing sand into which water can be poured. It's designed so the very young can enjoy sand and water in a relatively contained environment. Here's one from Amazon.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #469 on: June 28, 2006, 12:48:49 pm »

If I remember my very early childhood right, a sand-and-water table is sort of an indoor sandbox -- basically, a box on legs containing sand into which water can be poured. It's designed so the very young can enjoy sand and water in a relatively contained environment. Here's one from Amazon.

Dang, that is so much fancier than the ones that I used at school.  Ours were wooden; these are all plastic with rounded edges so soft heads don't contact sharp corners.  Kids these days!  You protect them from themselves, but who will protect them from the super-bugs that their mothers create with antiviral tissues?

We also had plastic funnels and little dumptrucks and such with which to amuse ourselves whilst playing in the sand-and-water table.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #470 on: June 28, 2006, 05:53:36 pm »

They sell sand-and-water tables here but they seem rather superfluous in a sand-and-water environment.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #471 on: July 03, 2006, 07:17:28 pm »

Current toddler status, 7/03: She accidentally overheard me confiding in a friend that my dog has been acting like a real asshole lately.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #472 on: July 03, 2006, 07:32:35 pm »

man, onstad straight up Despises the little dog.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #473 on: July 03, 2006, 08:55:50 pm »

You used to love that dog, Mr Onstad.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #474 on: July 03, 2006, 09:44:39 pm »

Somebody's got a new vocabulary word?

Man I dread the day I have to stop cussin' because of children. That's gonna be a tough one.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

thedudeabides85

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
  • Say good things about my dick
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #475 on: July 07, 2006, 02:57:10 am »

Current toddler status, 7/05: My little girl has, without human interference, grown the hairstyle of Gene Clark circa 1965. Maybe there is a God.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #476 on: July 07, 2006, 05:36:45 am »

Gene Clark of the Byrds?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #477 on: July 10, 2006, 12:31:44 pm »

Current toddler status, 7/09: A little girl in clogs and barrettes danced gaily to the Teletubbies theme song while her food-poisoned dad sat on the couch, shivering and clutching a pillow to his chest.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #478 on: July 10, 2006, 12:33:29 pm »

Current toddler status, 7/09: A little girl in clogs and barrettes danced gaily to the Teletubbies theme song while her food-poisoned dad sat on the couch, shivering and clutching a pillow to his chest.

Didn't Chekhov write a play about this?  Like wasn't that the entire point of "The Cherry Orchard".. like teletubbies and food poisoning?


EDIT: 1700 posts, oh my!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #479 on: July 10, 2006, 04:51:09 pm »

I am proud to say that I have never had food poisoning, possibly because I have been vegetarian or vegan for almost half of my life.  Oh, and I don't drink water contaminated with human waste; really, Onstad, this is a basic no-no.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 67   Go Up