Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 67   Go Down

Author Topic: Baby updates - ongoing  (Read 206093 times)

0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #480 on: July 10, 2006, 05:12:55 pm »

I am proud to say that I have never had food poisoning, possibly because I have been vegetarian or vegan for almost half of my life.  Oh, and I don't drink water contaminated with human waste; really, Onstad, this is a basic no-no.


Don't be smug. Plants go bad too. Lettuce, garlic, and other plants on or around the ground with neutral pH can be rife with botulinum spores. (Never store garlic under oil at room temperature for that reason). And honey, while not vegan per se, can kill the fuck out of an infant who eats it.

I'm not saying I wish food poisoning on you -- or should I say, if I do I'll be more discreet about it -- but your health is probably due to increased hygiene between field and plate, and not your vegetarian lifestyle.

All food, vegan and non-vegan, goes bad after 60 turns, except lichens, slime molds and lizards.

Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #481 on: July 10, 2006, 05:35:16 pm »

Yeah man, if I was made to eat either sprouts from an unknown source or raw hamburger from the grocery store, I'd probably take the raw hamburger.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #482 on: July 10, 2006, 06:04:24 pm »

Hey Bobby, nice to see you posting again.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #483 on: July 10, 2006, 06:06:56 pm »

Yeah man, if I was made to eat either sprouts from an unknown source or raw hamburger from the grocery store, I'd probably take the raw hamburger.

Apples and oranges, man.

If you were to find sprouts growing in fresh cow shit, or if you freshly killed a giraffe and decided you wanted sushi, what would you eat? Tasty sashimi or shit-encrusted legumes?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #484 on: July 10, 2006, 06:59:29 pm »

One of the biggest community outbreaks of food-borne illness in the recent past was traced to chopped green onions. As long as there are unhygienic people in the world and less-than-best practices are in place anywhere along the market chain, we will still be needing gatorade and immodium to get us through.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #485 on: July 10, 2006, 07:03:03 pm »

One of the biggest community outbreaks of food-borne illness in the recent past was traced to chopped green onions. As long as there are unhygienic people in the world and less-than-best practices are in place anywhere along the market chain, we will still be needing gatorade and immodium to get us through.

I remember this. Up until this incident Baja Fresh put a grilled green onion on top of each burrito. Not that anybody got sick from Baja Fresh, they were just being justifiably cautious.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #486 on: July 10, 2006, 07:34:07 pm »

All food, vegan and non-vegan, goes bad after 60 turns, except lichens, slime molds and lizards.

You need a tinning kit. Speaking of which, tiny can'd.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #487 on: July 10, 2006, 09:01:16 pm »

This turn of the thread makes me want to assert my carnivore tendencies by eating a lizard.

A nice, fresh lizard, prepared in a clean environment. Mmmmmm. ("SaniLizard: The Safe, Fun Lizard")
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #488 on: July 10, 2006, 09:58:26 pm »

I am proud to say that I have never had food poisoning, possibly because I have been vegetarian or vegan for almost half of my life.  Oh, and I don't drink water contaminated with human waste; really, Onstad, this is a basic no-no.

Hobot, when my SO and I got our food poisoning, it was from a vegan meal at a vegetarian restaurant.  It was horrible.  Horrible!  Did I say it was horrible?  It was horrible.  So much vomit and... well, the other thing.  My SO came through it in two and a half days, but for me it was at least three weeks, followed by perminant changes to the way my body digests things.  It came to a point where I couldn't even hold down water.  I was hospitalized.  The doctors kept asking me what I had eaten, because they wanted to hear the classic story about a hamburger or giraffe.  No.  Broccoli, carrots, snow peas, rice noodles in green coconut curry sauce, rice and Pad Thai (rice noodles in peanut based sauce with sprouts sprinkled on top).  Horrible. Horrible.  So much unpleasantness.  The most violent thing that ever happened to my body.  F minus, minus - will not eat there again.  If someone touches your food with contaminated hands, or if the food isn't properly washed or prepaired, it don't matter what the food is.  This is the horrible lesson I learned.  Horrible!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #489 on: July 11, 2006, 11:36:12 am »

Current toddler status, 7/10: The little girl's father is feeling better; he braved some chicken soup and toast today. They also practiced walking again (him, not her).
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #490 on: July 11, 2006, 12:24:44 pm »

Current toddler status, 7/10: The little girl's father is feeling better; he braved some chicken soup and toast today. They also practiced walking again (him, not her).

Oh 'Stad, using the ol' switcheroo there at the end!  Why you're a regular Eddie Cantor!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #491 on: July 17, 2006, 03:51:41 am »

Quote from: Onstad
Current toddler status, 7/16: She doesn’t crawl anymore, so it is time to get the house ready for Hot Lava.

Ironically enough, in the past two days the baby here has become a toddler, learning to walk with such skill that she, too, no longer walks. It is entirely feasible that this Onstad fellow is shadowing my life with a hidden camera.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #492 on: July 18, 2006, 12:54:06 am »

Bobby has a kid?

Anyone else shocked by this possibility?
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #493 on: July 18, 2006, 02:00:06 am »

Bobby has a kid?

Anyone else shocked by this possibility?

Whoa!  Bobby, I didn't know you have a child.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #494 on: July 18, 2006, 02:02:08 am »

In all fairness Bobby didn't say it was explicitly his.

He said the baby "here"; and I suspect, knowing our bobby as I do, that he did so... for a reason?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 67   Go Up