Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 67   Go Down

Author Topic: Baby updates - ongoing  (Read 205695 times)

0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #600 on: September 21, 2006, 06:14:24 am »

Current toddler status, 9/19: Her favorite new activity: beating on the bathroom door like a rowdy gang of Ecuadorean soccer fans when all you want in the world is some peace and quiet with an improving book.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #601 on: September 25, 2006, 11:44:33 am »

Current toddler status, 9/24: I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die but also, he had taken the last two TMX Elmo dolls, and I'd driven six hours.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #602 on: September 26, 2006, 06:26:05 am »

Current toddler status, 9/25: I know exactly where I was when Kurt Cobain died. Where will she be when Justin Timberlake is crushed by a giant hog dropped from a crane? Probably right by my side, in our family crane, holding the camera.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #603 on: September 26, 2006, 06:35:44 am »

my ex remembered where she was, despite being like 4 at the time. because her mom traumatised her by telling her "you know that song you like? the pretty one where he says "come as you are?" That man died. He killed himself with a gun."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #604 on: September 26, 2006, 07:13:27 am »

But he swore that he didn't have a gun!

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #605 on: September 26, 2006, 08:31:41 am »

Ummm, lies again
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #606 on: September 26, 2006, 01:38:59 pm »

I remember that, clearly. Spent the rest of the day in a haze, but playing it cool.
Next day I came back home from college, went to see my best friend. He had bruises on his face, from a college party he went to where some guys were joking about Kurt's death. Some argument ensued, and fists were thrown.
Those were more innocent times, the '90s.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #607 on: September 26, 2006, 03:32:04 pm »

Wait, you're telling me that wasn't the "day music died" that old blues singer Madonna Louise used to sing about?
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #608 on: September 26, 2006, 03:41:25 pm »

I know what I was doing when I heard John Lennon died.  Kurt Cobain, not so much.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #609 on: September 26, 2006, 03:47:45 pm »

Kurt Cobain is dead?

But seriously folks...  Toddler updates seem to have gotten better since I complained that they weren't as good as baby updates.  I thought it was only fair of me to mention this. I am sorry for complaining about my free entertainment.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #610 on: September 26, 2006, 04:02:10 pm »

I was in Las Vegas.  We were out driving around, and on the radio they were playing a bunch of Nirvana songs.  Some guy called in going "I just can't handle it, man!" and the DJ told him everything would be OK.

Then we were at the Holy Cow, and they had the TV behind the bar on CNN with no sound.  They were cutting back and forth between Nirvana videos and some talking head.  We looked at each other and asked "Is Cobain dead?"

Yep.  We didn't find out for sure until we got home.

At least I saw them live.  Dobbs in Philly.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #611 on: September 26, 2006, 05:13:53 pm »

I was at home at night, watching the news. The anchorwoman read the header which said only, in that sexy/utterly clueless way that rich foreign tourists find so exotic in our people when they arrive at our beaches: "macabre rock: rocker kills himself".

I remember going to my bedroom and removing the one Nirvana poster I had. It didn't seem... appropriate anymore, for some reason.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 11:56:38 am by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #612 on: September 26, 2006, 07:44:35 pm »

If I woke up one day married to Courtney Love, I have to admit I'd probably eat some birdshot.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #613 on: September 26, 2006, 09:23:32 pm »

yeah, I was doing such as Eating and Sleeping and going to kindergarden. I was not aware in any way that this fellow was alive, or even that Good Music existed (beyond "Sgt Pepper's," which I requested incessantly.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #614 on: September 26, 2006, 11:21:56 pm »

Courtney Love used to be hot.

Anyway, I don't really remember exactly where I was when I heard he died, but I wasn't surprised at all.  I didn't even hear it was suicide, just that he died, but I figured it was probably suicide.

I do remember where I was when John Lennon died, though - driving with my mom right outside of 30th St. station in Phillly.  She was crying.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 67   Go Up