Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 67   Go Down

Author Topic: Baby updates - ongoing  (Read 206022 times)

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #855 on: April 10, 2007, 07:04:20 am »

Quote
Current toddler status, 4/9
We had a father-daughter squabble about how I needed to work and couldn't play with markers. She ran out of my office crying. A minute later she ran in, put a little gift bag with a plastic CUNT in it on my desk, and then ran out again, still sniffling. Already, a black belt in guilt.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #856 on: April 10, 2007, 02:43:09 pm »



Oh man! That is just brutal. An adorable toddler who gives you a present after a squabble. Too cute. The plastic CUNT says, "Pa, I love you even though we is fightin'."
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #857 on: April 16, 2007, 05:01:43 am »

Current toddler status, 4/15
The plan was to go to the San Francisco Zoo, but it was too crowded, so we went to the beach, where I worried about the seething old drunk with the heavy cane who wouldn't stop staring at my car.
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #858 on: April 22, 2007, 01:04:48 am »

Current toddler status, 4/19
Slowly, surely, day by day, we are learning not to rock the dog's head with a length of BRIO track.
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #859 on: April 24, 2007, 12:13:08 am »

Quote
Current toddler status, 4/23
She likes to scribble with a Sharpie while sitting in my lap as I write, and I am innocently becoming a huffer.


Am I the only one paying attention to these any more?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #860 on: April 24, 2007, 12:38:26 am »

No! You're not! How do you keep beating me to them?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #861 on: April 24, 2007, 07:03:11 am »

I share Wombat's concern. I've slipped so badly.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #862 on: April 25, 2007, 06:12:52 pm »

Quote
Current toddler status, 4/25
She is out with my parents, buying fancy new rocks.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #863 on: April 25, 2007, 06:32:16 pm »

When I go for wallks with my little girl, I always come home with pockets full of interesting rocks.  These find their way, variously, into the dog bowl, planters, or the vacuum cleaner with alarming sound effects.  Still, she can now identify "quartz", so I consider it a worthwhile thing.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #864 on: April 26, 2007, 01:29:30 am »

When I go for wallks with my little girl, I always come home with pockets full of interesting rocks.  These find their way, variously, into the dog bowl, planters, or the vacuum cleaner with alarming sound effects.  Still, she can now identify "quartz", so I consider it a worthwhile thing.

Get her started on identifying cubic zirconia now. This could prove very useful to her down the road.
Logged

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #865 on: April 30, 2007, 05:42:26 am »

Quote
Current toddler status, 4/30
Yeah, I just spent money on tickets to ride Thomas the Tank Engine this summer. See you in the roiling sea of Kelty and sippy-cup mayhem.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #866 on: April 30, 2007, 06:39:51 am »

Damnit! All you new people are musclin' me out of my baby updates. That'll teach me to sleep.

I have actually been on those Thomas the Tank Engine rides. Onstad is in for a treat.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #867 on: April 30, 2007, 01:12:19 pm »

1) Thomas the tank engine scares the shit out of me.
2) The son of the creator of Thomas came by my work last year to read from the books for an ultra special group of kids, and there was this huge Thomas in the lobby for days, all staring at me with his cold dead eyes.  So creepy!  I never got within 10ft of him.
3) The current Thomas show is about to tour to my area, and the commercial has a point where one of the engines is mad, and I screamed in terror when I saw it.
4) Ringo Star... what the hell?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #868 on: April 30, 2007, 02:33:51 pm »

What happened to George Carlin as Mr. Conductor?
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #869 on: April 30, 2007, 04:46:52 pm »

The son of the creator of Thomas came by my work last year to read from the books for an ultra special group of kids.

Considering how old the stories are, I'm retroactively bummed to have missed them growing up.  I looooved trains (especially steam engines) as a kid and would have driven my parents insane with Thomas minutiae.  Considering I lived in a Commonwealth country, I'm at a loss to explain this gap in my cultural education.

Slight correction - I still love steam engines.  My trip to Sacramento's rail museum a few weeks back was awesome.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 67   Go Up